Where to place mod.cpk and EBOOT.bin files? (P5)(PS3 cfw/BD physical copy)

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
NekkoBlue

Hello, bit of a newbie to P5 and PS3 modding and I'm just about ready to try it out for my first time, but I'm at a total loss as to where I'm supposed to place my mod.cpk and EBOOT.bin files at. I have a blu-ray copy of P5 and got the EBOOT.bin and all the cpk files from dumping its game folder, but when I check the dev_hdd0/game/gameID/USRDIR directory itself, the only thing that pops up there are just DLC .edat files. Not sure if file location changes based on if you own the game physically or digitally, but that was just my own observation.

Thanks in advance!
pikapie
Has liked: 1 post

i have the same issue! im at a total loss trying to mod my digital version. :( did you patch your EBOOT? im not sure where to even start.
NekkoBlue

Yep, I patched it using this guide right here: https://shrinefox.com/guides/2019/06/12 ... -patching/

The guides here have been incredibly helpful and I've been following them for pretty much everything P5 modding-related, but as a newcomer it can admittedly get a tad hairy distinguishing what's the best individual method for modding through emulators, modding on CFW with a digital copy, or modding on CFW with a physical copy. Which is why I'm here tbh. :P
Do the impossible, see the invisible! Row, row, fight the power!
Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable! Row, row, fight the power!
pikapie

oh i see, good to know because im new to all this too! :) hope you solve your issue!
NekkoBlue

Thanks, and likewise to you! I'll make sure to post an update on this if I manage to find a solution on my own. So far, nothing. Tried putting the files there anyway and I also tried putting the files within the gameIDDATA folder, but the game still ran completely normal.
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

doesn't rpcs3 have the same file structure as ps3? in there, it's in \dev_hdd0\game\<GAME_ID>\USRDIR
NekkoBlue

I got it working!! Not directly through my physical copy per say, but I ended up dumping my disc's game folder via multiman onto a USB, placed the files there instead, and it worked like a charm. So happy, I've been at this for well over a couple weeks and it's actually working! Guess it's time to get to work on my own mods...
DniweTamp wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:32 pm doesn't rpcs3 have the same file structure as ps3? in there, it's in \dev_hdd0\game\<GAME_ID>\USRDIR
I'd assume so if you have the PSN version instead of a physical copy, but all it had in the USRDIR folder for me were the .edat files I mentioned. No cpks, eboot, or anything else. all of that was on the disc itself. Which I guess makes obvious sense in hindsight since it mainly loads the game through the disc anyways.
NekkoBlue

There might be an easier way of going about it, but this was what I tried doing after days of trial and error. The PS3 might need to recompose some files to get it up and running after dumping the folder, which can take up around 15gb, but it should work fine once it's done.
pikapie

NekkoBlue wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 am Thanks, and likewise to you! I'll make sure to post an update on this if I manage to find a solution on my own. So far, nothing. Tried putting the files there anyway and I also tried putting the files within the gameIDDATA folder, but the game still ran completely normal.
hi! nice to see you solved your issue!

just wondering, but did you lose any save data / progress when you got your mod working, especially when you were patching it? dumb question, how do you make/get a mod.cpk file?? i am so lost!
NekkoBlue

just wondering, but did you lose any save data / progress when you got your mod working, especially when you were patching it? dumb question, how do you make/get a mod.cpk file?? i am so lost!
I didn't lose any save data, but I did have to redownload my previously installed dlc in order to use it (here's a helpful tutorial that also pretty much works for PS3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIYBNo5sXrA). And you create the mod.cpk through the Mod Compendium, since that file itself is what applies the mods to the game (another helpful tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvXjIXwoHbA&t=218s). Once you've made the mod.cpk, place it in the USRDIR folder of whatever version of P5 you're playing and everything should work out. Hope that helps!

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.