[P4G PC] Does anyone know how to replace UI SFX?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Tekka
Been liked: 9 posts

I've been trying to replace the sound effects for navigating through the menus. I assume they're located in SND/COMSE.xwb but when I tried extracting it with xacttool, not everything comes out and the files that do are wma files that are unable to be played by Windows Media Player (which I looked up is the program that plays these files). I then tried extracting it with unxwb and they all came out as wav files with names that don't match the xsb file and are also unplayable.

Next thing I tried was to replace data00002/sound/adx2/snd04_comse.acb since I saw that Reloaded II loads this file when the game is booting up. I extracted the files using AcbEditor and finally found the SFX I was looking for albeit as AT9 files which I assume were from the Vita version. I took my replacement wav files and converted them to at9 files using at9tool then repacked snd04_comse.acb using AcbEditor and tried loading it in the game. However, the game crashed right when it reached the main menu. I saw in the dump that the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. So in my attempt to remedy the issue, I noticed that my replacement file was smaller than the original so I added in empty bytes at the end of each at9 file I replaced using a hex editor so that the file sizes matched up. Expectedly, this didn't solve the issue and crashed with the same reason.

My question is if its even possible to replace the SFX with the current tools we have. Has anyone had success with extracting COMSE.xwb in order to navigate through? Or even have the indices of the files to replace via the modloader method. I saw that the SFX in Hyperdimension Neptunia were unextractable with unxwb so maybe its the same situation with P4G. Or maybe was I going in the right direction with replacing snd04_comse.acb but reencoded and/or repacked it incorrectly?

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.