Help modding Persona 3 Portable

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
polk120

I don't know what i'm doing Wrong but p3p mods just WON'T load, i did what the tutorial for the Mod Compendium said, i got the mods checked and made sure everything was accounted for, (Made sure i had no conflicting mods activated,i had 1 active for each party member,i also tried it with just the yu mod and still nothing so it doesn't seem to be a issue of having too many mods on,i made sure to repack the modded umd0 cpk file into the iso the whole jist.) and whenever i try to start it up in PPSSPP, it just gets stuck on a black screen. Can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Niopack
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

You need to open the iso file using any program that can do it, like UMDGen, or Ultraiso. Extract the umd0.cpk and save it in any location. Open Mod Compendium, select Persona 3 Portable in the top left, click on Settings, select the CPK path, and be sure Use compression and Use Extracted Files options are turned on.

The correct path for the mods in P3P is a little tricky though:
Mod Compendium\Mods\Persona3Portable\*MOD FOLDER*\Data\data\*MOD REPLACING FILES*.
There are two data folders because the first one is the one that Mod Compendium uses to build the new umd0.cpk, and the one inside of it is the data folder the CPK has inside, which contains all the games files, so be sure that you are placing everything correctly.

It should be something like this:
Mod Compendium\Mods\Persona3Portable\Narukami as MC\Data\data\...
2- If you are modding anything or you are using a modded CPK, maybe a file or the CPK itself is corrupted. Try to save everything you modify correctly (if you are a modder) or try extracting the umd0.cpk from the iso again and use that one in Mod Compendium.

3- I doubt it, but, are you using savestates or something? When you save a modded CPK into an iso, that kind of stuff doesn't work anymore.

If you can fix it, let us know what was the cause :D.
polk120

i did what you said to and it worked! i think what i did wrong was i extracted the umd0 cpk file via winrar (since it has the option to extract from iso's....for some reason) and i guess it corrupted the file, i used UMDgen and it works now! (also, i want to say the link on the regular blog for UMDgen is broken, it sends you to "iso zone" and as far as i could see, no link was found so i got umdgen from Romhacking.net's tools section.)
Niopack
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

Great! If the game gets a black screen, is most likely because a cpk file is corrupted. If the game gets stuck in the flipping blue card before the title screen, it may be a broken file in the game's files. If the game crashes in one specific point through gameplay, is because it's trying to load a missing specific file. Keep that in mind if it happens to you again.

Also, if you want to improve the forum, go to Site Discussion and report the UMDGen broken link.

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.