[P4G PC] Dialogue UI Modding

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
rudiger__sf
Has liked: 14 posts
Been liked: 31 posts

Hi all,

I'm looking to change dialogue UI and font size for the PC version of Golden if possible.
UI like this shouldn't take up a third(!) of the screen and looks especially ridiculous on large displays when compared to newer games in the series like P5R.

Can anybody point me in the right direction or perhaps share some tips for achieving this please? All suggestions welcome.
I've been playing around with the tools available here like Amicitia, extracting/inspecting .pac files etc, but there's so much to search through.

To begin with I guess I'd need to find the .dds' for the dialogue box UI, files responsible for dialogue text and the dialogue character portrait images.

Thanks
Shirai_Ryu
Has liked: 2 posts

bump
TGE
Been liked: 13 posts

There isn't really any documentation on how the UI works in P4, but you're on the right track.
Most of the UI-related stuff is stored in SPR files, which contain UI element placement and texture sheets. These can be edited with Amicitia, and I think with Persona Editor as well.
The font is controlled by the FNT files, which can be modified using Persona Editor.
There's also a good chance some aspects of the UI (color, position, size) are hard coded. Maybe you could track down the values for them using something like Cheat Engine.

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.