Replacing model in GFD Studio

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Elvagan
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Hey there,

I am probably missing something but I am not able to use correctly use the replace model feature of GFD Studio.
To trying to debug the problem I did the most basic thing I could think of, and only P5 vanilla models (i followed shrinefox's video on how to rig a model and removed all the rigging part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Hj97Zw1mw ):

- I load Joker c0001_001_00.GMD in GFD Studio and in 3dsmax (i got the 2019 to be in the same conditions as in the video) with the MaxScript (v0.15).
- I don't do anything to the model in 3dsMax and I export it as FBX with the same export parameters as in the video as you can see (don't mind haru in the backgroud it's from another attempt but I didn't change the parameters):
- In GFD Studio I right click on the model and use the Replace feature
- I select my newly created FBX and replace.
- First thing I notice is that the character is on the ground, I tried changing the "Y/Z Up" parameter either when exporting or importing but it didn't change anything)
- Anyway it doesn't seem to be a problem in the video. But when I load any animation this happens:

And this is the result on every model I tried.

Does anyone have succefully replaced a model recently and could tell me what I am missing? Maybe 3dsmax changed something in its export or GFD Studio changed something in the replace feature (the version in the video is 2.1 and we are now at 4.8 so maybe).

Thanks in advance :)

Cheers
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

other people have been getting the same issue as well

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=261
Elvagan
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

For those who might stumble upon this issue.

From the export parameter screenshot you need to:
- uncheck "Convert deforming dummies to bones"
- uncheck "Preserve edge orientation"
- uncheck "Animation" (if you only want to replace a mesh)
- Up Axis -> Z-Up

And it should work
mylifesalie
Been liked: 5 posts

Apparently, GFD Studio's replace feature replaces the meshes, but keeps the bones the same. For example, if you were to replace "c0001_104_00.GMD" with "c0001_004_00.GMD" the arms would be messed up as they are in different poses. Make sure your new model and the original are scaled and posed as similarly as possible for a better result. I hope this helps.

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.