P3P mods failing to install on emulator

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Yvraine
Has liked: 1 post

Hello hello, as per title, I am encountering difficulties installing two mods, namely the Undub and Sappho mod.
Following the instructions I found in this thread, I attempted building two new .cpk, starting from umd1 for the former, and umd0 for the latter.
However, launching the game in PPSSPP gave me a black screen, so I started back from scratch, and tried installing both mods on umd0.
This time the game launched and played, but unfortunately the sound files are still the english ones (and the modded .iso seems quite bloated as well).
I tried searching for some more threads in the forum, but had no luck in finding similiar issues.
Sorry for bothering you, and thanks in advance!
Yvraine

I supposed this got buried under the other threads, heheh.
I searched some more, checking every page to be sure I didn't miss any similiar thread, but could unfortunately not find anything similiar, or a solution.
As I don't want to be too much of a bother, if any of you are aware of this issue being discussed someplace I haven't found, would you please send me a link pointing in the right direction?
Of course, I would be even more grateful if you took some time to help me out firsthand, but as long as I can get them to work, I wouldn't mind being pointed somewhere else.
Thank you again for your time.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Huh that's interesting, sorry for the lack of a response-- I probably couldn't think of a solution first time I came across the thread. Normally I would suggest making sure the cpk is compressed properly, but since that doesn't seem to be the problem... Maybe either the undub or sappho mods have some kind of issue.

One thing you could try is downloading a pre-patched ISO with the undub already installed so we can rule out the one on the site being defective. If you extract the umd0.cpk from that and use it with the mod compendium, it should work. Come to think of it, most of the game's voices are actually located in the other cpk though, so maybe that's the problem with the undub (being applied to umd0 instead of umd1 would explain the extra bloat)
Yvraine

Thank you very much! I found an ISO pre-patched with the undub, and rebuilt its umd0 with the Sappho mod. It seems to be working, although I suppose I won't be sure everything went well until I get to the social links.

Indeed, patching the undub in umd1.cpk and Sappho in umd0.cpk was the first thing I attempted, but the game would straight up blackscreen when launched. Then I tried with patching both in umd0, and (at least) the undub would not work. I found it kind of odd, because while I really don't know almost anything about game building or modding, I wouldn't think one would prevent the other from working, from what I've read.
I'll let you all know whether Sappho works on this version as soon as I get there.

Again, thank you very much for the assistance!

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.