Editing battle costumes in P4G

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
TapxyH
Has liked: 1 post

I've been trying to experiment with modding vita games lately and decided on trying to do stuff with P4G, but I noticed there's not a lot of work done on it yet so I can't exactly figure out how to do what I wanted.

I was looking to replace the unused gag outfit models for all characters with their epilogue costumes, and if possible replace their winning animations from other costumes (like giving Naoto her Aigis winning pose from Gekko Outfit).

I've already managed to extract the needed amd files from pac files in model/pack, and found all the needed epilogue amd costumes. I'm kinda confused on how I should/can proceed from this point. Amacitia doesn't allow me to do anything with the models, it seems amd files don't work currently, the gmo files mentioned in the model converter don't seem to be present in the data.cpk anywhere, and fbx files I extract using Noesis don't seem to be recognized by the converter.

Am I missing something? Or is what I want to do not possible?
Tupelov
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

Open pac in amicita
Go into the amd export MODEL_DATA add .gmo
Open P4GMOconverter
Convert GMO to mds
Open filname_p4g.mds

First you need to fix the drawpart commands most of the drawpart commands will work under the player_body_bone although some dont go under player_body so you have to check the mds without the p4g name to check where the drawpart goes but it will refer to them by the part name and not by meshNum
(I recommend after you do this you convert it back to gmo using P4GMOconverter to see if you did it right)

Now porting over animations should be possible as long as you dont bring animations that use parts that dont exist in the new model. (If it does you can remove it from the animation) To port over an animation you just have to search for player_root_Model_motion and in the brackets in contains the full animation.
If you have questions just ask. Ive been experimenting with changing models and animations and porting from p3p in p4g for the past 2 weeks. Its intimidating at first but if you try your best to understand it, it becomes easier.

Forgot to add:
If you want to save the gmo to the character just open their pac and replace MODEL_DATA under their amd with the new GMO
Also amicitia cant open amd directly so if you need a gmo from an amd thats not inside a pac you need to put the amd inside a pac or bin using replace and then export and do the same for saving.
TapxyH
Has liked: 1 post

Okay so I've managed to get the GMO files. I've messed around with them for a couple days now and while I have a better grasp of their structure I'm still confused, most notably by the drawpart commands and meshes.

So far copying any of the drawpart commands from filename.mds to filename_p4g.mds made my game instantly crash as soon as I either loaded the dungeon or loaded the costume. I managed to copy over the naoto_root_Model_Motion-0021 victory animation from Gekkou Uniform to Gag Glasses, however doing so made all of the textures on the outfit unload making Naoto invisible, I was only able to tell the change by looking at the motion of the gun.

Even if I manage to make the texture load with the animations and figure out the mesh problem, there's a couple other problems. If I can remove specific parts from the animation, which I presume refers to different bones, can I actually add NEW bones to make animations work with missing parts. For example Naoto's epilogue model doesn't have the card bones, bandana bones and cat tail bones, which all of her battle costumes have as I can see through noesis. The same question applies to meshes, since the card from what I can tell uses a mesh and texture.

And thanks for the instructions, this is much more than I anticipated from posting this, even though I still didn't manage to do much (yet).
Tupelov
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

In theory you can probably make new animations for bones(I added a new bone to the p3p mc which was a sword and added animations so that it would go underground when it isn't needed ) but it probably require lots of effort to make(depending on what you do). As for the drawpart commands in my case I found that it doesn't work if the bone that draws the part is above what it is parented to in the mds. I know that meshes move with their bones but im not sure how they are actually weighted so making animations might difficult for something like that cat costume.. Hopefully this helps.

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.