help with SMT3's .AB .MB .TB formats

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
ZeroFX

I need help with getting textures and reimporting for these formats, i googled and stumbled on some zenhax threads but neither of them talked about these formats in specific, only .PB, a script called "Atlus_PB" by tge (im downloading the 3ds student version 2018 because im getting errors on 2021), it can be used for loading the model (pc.mb) into 3ds max and getting the textures out of the pc.tb but im clueless on how to reimport said textures into pc.tb.

Any help its appreciated, thanks in advance.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Here's all the resources I have on exporting and reimporting custom models in Nocturne's formats, I haven't attempted it myself yet but others seem to have had some success.

DDS3ModelConverter by TGE (it's a commandline tool so you'll have to use it in the command prompt, parameters below)

SMT3 Custom Model Tutorial by NerduMiner
DDS3ModelConverter Commands
Export PB model to OBJ/DAE + textures

Code: Select all

--input "player_a.PB" --output "player_a.DAE" 
Export PB model to OBJ/DAE, textures + animations

--input "player_a.PB" --output "player_a.DAE" --assimp-output-pb-anim
Replace PB model with OBJ/DAE/FBX

--input "player_a_replacement.fbx" --output "player_a_replacement.PB" --pb-replace-input "player_a.PB"
If you want to automatically scale the textures if your replacement model, use

--tmx-scale 1.0
with whatever scale you prefer eg. 0.5.

Replace motion (animation) in PB model with DAE/FBX

--input "player_a_m_0_replacement.fbx" --output "player_a_replacement.PB" --assimp-input-anim --pb-replace-input "player_a.PB" --pb-replace-motion-index 0
Blend weights are very buggy, so you can use this while importing to disable weights:

--mb-weighted-mesh-type 1
Alternatively you can tweak

--mb-mesh-weight-limit <integer>
Default is 4. Lower values seem to get better results, but can make the importer crash.

You can also tweak:

--mb-batch-vertex-limit <integer>
Default is 24. Messing with it might be useful.

Replace field LB with DAE/FBX

--input "field_replacement.fbx" --output "field_replacement.LB" --f1-lb-replace-input "f001_001.LB"
ZeroFX

That's wonderful, thanks!
Mike

hey ZeroFX did you have any luck with this? i was trying to edit demi fiends eye texture and i actually got to do it, but when i try to convert my fbx into a pb dds3modelconverter says "too many weights per face" and i don't really know how to fix this
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

If you’re using 3dsmax, try setting the weight limit (under Advanced in the Skin modifier of each mesh) to 4 or less, should prevent anything from getting assigned too many weights

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.