P5R .GFS Textures not exporting properly

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
DaYoLoMaster801

Hey guys, so i've been digging into the persona 5 royal files for the past week or so, and recently i begun trying to export the models for the game fields using the maxscript. Now, the environments export correctly, all the geometry is fine, but it's completely untextured and all the textures in the "textures" folder in the "field_tex" directory don't open properly.

Upon further inspection, the images have 0 size on disk, and have no dimensions listed in the properties. I tried manually extracting the textures from the .bin files, but these are also broken, however they do actively take up disk space instead of the auto-exported ones, but still have no dimensions listed.

I tried exporting GFS files from the original P5 and the textures came with it just fine, so i am currently chalking this up to some kind of change in the files that the maxscript isn't programmed for. If i'm wrong, please let me know!

Also i'm not sure if this is a common issue, but i did a cursory check of the fourms and saw nothing on it so yeah.
Elvagan
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

The textures in the field models are placeholders. The actual textures are in ps4\model\field_tex\textures\tex[yourfieldID].bin
The thing is they are not stored as dds in these .bin. I heard people saying there are in another image format but I don't know much about it.

Btw I wonder what GFS file you opened and worked fine, every field I tried were exported with these checkered textures ^^

What I did to view the textures was:
- Extract the related .bin file with Amicita (or PAKPack if you want to batch export)
- Replace the "fake" DDS header with a valid DDS header (using 010 editor or any hex editor) and editing its values to match the actual file (width, height and DXT type) that you get frome the "fake" header.

I can provide you a detailed process if you are interested (just tell me) but I have to warn you that it will take you a lot of time if you want to do all the textures of a field ^^. I'm sure there is an easier way but that's the only one I know.

GFD Studio seems to have a way to use these textures but you will need to edit the source code by yourself to be able to use it and it won't export them anyway, you will just be able to see them on your model.

Anyway this is just what I found digging there and there. Maybe someone knows better and may come and say "you just have to click here and here and done", if so don't hesitate I'm interested too :D

Cheers

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.