Custom models for P4G PC being invisible

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
mylifesalie
Been liked: 6 posts

So I have been trying to make a custom model for P4G, but when it loads in-game it's invisible. The weapon is there but there is no geometry for the model I have replaced. The model does show up in Noesis, so I think this a rendering issue but I am not sure. I've been exporting with the preset "Autodesk Media & Entertainment" in 3ds Max 2020. Any help would be appreciated.
Ruined
Has liked: 2 posts

As you know I've been having a similar problem. But my model's invisible in Noesis too. Converting the fbx to gmo also seems to lose it's animations. In-game the weapon is gone too for some reason and the game crashes as a battle starts.

I'm also using 3ds Mac 2020 and have been exporting with the setting present in Shrinefox's "GFD Studio Tutorial (Rigging Custom Models)" video and "Persona 3+4 Modding: Rigging Custom Models (Part 3)" I've also tryed the "Autodesk Media & Entertainment" settings but haven't noticed any difference.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I think the tool still needs some more work, I'm currently in the process of writing a full guide and I ran into an issue where it doesn't output the "fixed" _p4g.mds file (the regular .mds named after the gmo that it outputs first has a known issue with the model not being visible in P4G, hence the converter).
When trying to fix that, I also encountered yet another issue where it doesn't preserve the rotations and positions for the bones when you use FBX.
Over the next day or two I'll see if I can get it working properly and put it out along with the guide.

It's kind of weird that it doesn't even show up in Noesis, but I think I've seen that happen a few times too. Still not sure why. I'll try out a bunch of different versions of FBX and report back
Ruined
Has liked: 2 posts

Thanks for the update, ShrineFox. Good luck fixing the issue. Looking forward to seeing this resolved and making custom models for P4G.

Created by ShrineFox. Maintained 2020 - 2024.
Support | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.