deleting files in persona 5

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
olavao

im trying to make a mod that completely erases the navigation ai, but i dont know how to delete files in persona 5
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

The closest you could get to removing a file would probably be replacing it with a 0 byte file, but that would likely cause it to crash. Between that and most navigator stuff being in the EBOOT, it'd require an executable patch to disable navigators.

Fortunately though someone made one that stops the game from displaying any of the lines or sound clips (or the window at all) if that's what you're looking for: p5_DisableNaviLines by Lipsum
Cherry Cream Soda
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 10 posts

Due to the way the mod.cpk patch works, you can only replace files, not delete them.
However, mostly empty files usually do the trick.

The navi is special however, and the methods I know of are:
Manually the bitflags via flowscript
Setting the navi bit on every encounter ID
p5_DisableNaviLines
olavao

no, what i mean by navigation ai, i mean the enemies navigation ai, sorry i forgot to specify :|
what i'm trying to do is keep all enemy data and their movesets, what i expect as the outcome to be is the enemy is still there, but they're just idle, they just have their ai in battle, so that means, their ai kicks in when i attack them, triggering a battle
Cherry Cream Soda
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 10 posts

The AI for enemies in the overworld is controlled by predetermined spawn points which can also have paths they follow walking around. They notice the player and can break from that path. To my knowledge, we don't know enough about the pathing files to actually make that work.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.