Progression on Persona 3 Portable Event Modding?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
KaseKlosed

Note: Moved from the Persona 3 Portable Mods Section

I've been trying to decompile the .bf files in the event folder of Persona 3 Portable to no avail. Upon further reading of the wiki, I found out the Atlus Script Compiler doesn't support P3P. However, I remember in the past having success with the Message Script Extractor. Unfortunately, the download link appears to be broken; could someone re-upload the tool for me?
On another note, I am curious to see if any progress has been made in decompiling the .bf files for P3P. Has anyone figured out how to do this? I wanted to experiment with editing some of the romance social link events, but the Message Script Extractor only allows me to edit text.
Note: I am incredibly new to Persona modding so I'm still grasping the basics of it. Any advice is much appreciated!
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Here's a reupload:
Seems to work fine for extracting and replacing text from P3P events, haven't tested ingame but it works for P4/P5 just fine so I imagine it'll work.

As for the library to convert the BF to FLOW and back, I'm still not sure why nobody has made a library yet. Hopefully we can resolve that too soon
KaseKlosed

Thanks for the reupload! I hope someone can make progress on that; I'm not nearly experienced enough to work it out myself. However, I am determined to see what I can do with the current set of tools that work on P3P. Thanks again for the help!
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

No problem! Also, some good-ish news on that front, we just added the libraries for P3/P3FES, sounds like P3P will be coming next pending an investigation into why it's not working currently. Not sure if/when it'll be solved but I'll keep you updated
KaseKlosed

Thank you so much! I look forward to observing the latest developments in Persona modding!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.