Some P5 modding projects I need help with

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Zelkin
Has liked: 6 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

Hello,

I have a few mods projects for Persona 5 for which I need some help from you guys. I basically have three categories of stuff I want to change:

1st: visual effects
- remove the flashy background when activating the special confident ability to remove debuffs during fights
- silence the sound effect which plays when recovering sp from sp accessories each turn
- remove blood/black splatters on the screen when performing normal attack
- make the followers to not disappear when hidden on a corner, and remove black filter on character

2nd: quality of life / improvements
- make random fight music mod to work
- display correct buttons for xbox/ps3 controller in UI
- during baton pass character selection, invert control of directional pad for the selection to be more intuitive
- allow to skip animation for social skills level up

3rd : 60 fps patch issues
- critical attack sound too fast
- assist with gun or melee sound too fast
- special gun move sound too fast
- subtitles in pre-rendered cut scenes are going away too fast
- shooting gallery at fight beginning clicking allowance is too fast, health doesn't goes down after reaching the limit too quickly
- mashing the all-out attack button after a critical stops the music
- in memento when leaving car when entering memento target room, animation too fast, same when fight ends
- time played (displayed in save game menu) is x2
- fix soft locks at artist palace during teleport room, space palace elevator after getting the chief pass, space palace elevator after going out in space for the first time

I'd like to have some help on which file in the game is related to one of these topics, and also if anyone has a clue how the 60fps works it would be really helpfull
Best grill
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

1st; -Could you screenshot the first thing? not sure what you mean.
-Are you using RPCS3? You can check the TTY Logger (If enabled on the patch.yml) to check what files load when something happens on screen, perhaps a file in ps3.cpk/sound, check the FAQ on how to modify the acbs or awbs etc. You can create your own muted .ADX by making a mute file in Audacity and then converting with the respective tools
-Ditto checking the TTY Logger if you are in RPCS3, but its probably a GMD called Splatter inside a .pac
-Doesn't sound posible without heavy reverse engienering AKA no one really knows nor has the time to do that

2nd: - Did you follow the tutorial? What did you do exactly?
-Resident.pac has some UI elements like the battle menu, in texture and 3D mesh form because its an animated model until the last frame it switches to a 2D texture. Theres probably some in the Camp file. Theres a .pac with a PLG named window_set.plg thatt has the "X YES O NO" window for battles, and you can edit PLG with a tool you can find in the tool section, and theres more UI elements in texture form in other packs that you could check with the TTY Logger, unfortunaly i don't have the files on me to check myself.
-Probably not posible without heavy reverse engieniering and patches, nothing easy to access
-Ditto, but instead of codding you could edit the animations in 3DSMax to make them faster and put them back, check FAQ and the Tools section and the wiki
3rd: -TGE, the creator of the 60fps patch is aware but doesn't seem interested to fix the issues at the moment, i personaly dont know about the subject. RPCS3 seems to have a built in 60fps as of now but it seamlessly has the same issues
Zelkin
Has liked: 6 posts
Been liked: 12 posts

Thank you for your help
I am talking about the Harisen Recovery confident skill. Yes I am using RPCS3, I didn't know about the logger. I've tried it and it works wonderfully, I've already found some of the files I want to change, thank you very much !
As for the random music mod, I get an access violation error and the game won't boot up. I'm aware that there is a way to make it work with a cheat engine, however the setup seems really hacky.
How can I edit .BED files ?
Best grill
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

You can edit .BED with EPLInjector 1.1 and 1.2 if they do contain GMD models in them, otherwise we don't know much on how they function outside of containing models, textures and animations if any. Haven't tested the ramdom music mod myself though.
Cherry Cream Soda
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 10 posts

IIRC, the section of code the random music mod is trying to change conflicts with some read-only code in RPCS3, which is why CheatEngine is needed to change RPCS3's behavior to accept the patch.

With this restriction, the hacky method is the only RPCS3 method currently.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.