P3P and P4G Modding Help

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ahkri The Killjoy
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

for a while now, I've been trying to mod both P3P and P4G both many times. Every time I've tried to, it doesn't seem to go my way. I've been using the mod compendium and following the guides here on the site for both. Once I think I've done everything correctly, I got to boot the game. When I do so, both games just stay at a black screen and never fully load. There have been a few times where the game has actually booted up, but the mods didn't end up working. I most likely screwed up the process at those times. I'm really looking for some help through this process so I can finally play both of these games with their available mods. Thank you.
Seek your lasting future in the Dreamscape~
Qlonever
Been liked: 10 posts

This might not be the same problem you're having, but I found that while modding the original P4, the Mod Compendium was not patching the SLUS file. This caused the game to not boot. Maybe the same is happening with the eboot files here? I'm not sure how modding works with P4G/P3P, but I'm pretty sure you need to patch the eboot.bin file for the game to load the modded files correctly.
Ahkri The Killjoy

I never had to touch those types of files. The way to mod the games in generally pretty simple (Or at least that's what I've taken from it), but it might have an issue similar. Not sure what, but we won't know until we figure out how to get it working.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

The only time I've ever had this happen was if I didn't enable compression for P4G/P3P's cpks when rebuilding them. Do you have that box checked in the mod compendium settings? If not, I'm unsure what else could be causing it to hang.
Ahkri The Killjoy

Yeah, compression was enabled every time. If it's not because of that, then I guess I don't really know what else to do.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

This is a shot in the dark but I might at least have another idea what's going on with P3P. The files in your mod folder should be inside an extra "data" folder? Something like: M:\Persona\Mod Compendium\Mods\Persona3Portable\P3P Reincarnation\Data\data\sound\...

The new files might be getting added to the cpk outside of the root directory so they aren't getting compressed properly, which might cause the game to hang while loading.
Ahkri The Killjoy

You were right about there not being a second "data" folder in the mods, but it still ended up going the same way.

Maybe P3P doesn't work trying to mod it through adrenaline for me? It's just a thought, probably not the case. Though, I'd be happy to get either one modded at this point.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.