Unhandled exception occured

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
RobertPlays00

I decided to try and get into Persona 5 modding, so I set everything up and got a simple music mod.

When I try to build it, it gives me an error pop up, and I don't know what to do. As I've never messed around with Mod Compendium before.

This is what the Error reads

"Unhandled exception occured while building:
Could not find file 'C:\Users\(Name)\Appdata\Local\Temp\mod.cpk'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite,
Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName Boolean
overwrite)
at
ModCompediumLibrary.ModSystem.Builders.Persona5ModCpkModBuilder.Build
(VirtualDirector root, String hostOutputPath, String gameName, Boolean
useCompression, Boolean use Extracted)
at ModcCompendium.MainWindow.<BuildButton_Click>b__35_0()"

Does anyone know what this means? And how I can fix this? :?
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Huh, that definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you tried changing the output directory in the Settings? Some people have better success setting it to a full path i.e. M:\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\NPEB02436\USRDIR rather than the default Output\Persona5

That might not be the problem though, seeing as it's not finding the mod.cpk in its temporary location, where it should be as soon as it's created (regardless of the output directory you set). I wonder if it's not being created for some reason.
RobertPlays00

ShrineFox wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 am Huh, that definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you tried changing the output directory in the Settings? Some people have better success setting it to a full path i.e. M:\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\NPEB02436\USRDIR rather than the default Output\Persona5

That might not be the problem though, seeing as it's not finding the mod.cpk in its temporary location, where it should be as soon as it's created (regardless of the output directory you set). I wonder if it's not being created for some reason.
It's output file is where it should be. It's weird though, it's no longer giving me that error, but instead, most of the time it gives me a "The application was unable to start properly (0xc0000142)" error. Once i click okay it says the building was done. But the mod wasn't working.

There were two times where the error didn't pop up, so I tested the emulator to see if the mod installed, but it didn't.

I suspect the error is popping up because Framework 3.5 might be fucking up and preventing it from running properly. (The fact that installation wizard opens asking to install Framework 3.5 after the error pops up strengthens my suspicions.)

Might have to do a windows repair if this is the case. As the installation doesn't wanna work when I click install.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.