(Edited) P4G PC with newer models?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
saiyansoda
Has liked: 2 posts

Hello, everyone! I was getting ready to start on a mod for the pc port of persona 4 golden. someone may beat me to it and that is okay! I just thought it would be fun. Anyway, I went ahead and got some character models from the dancing all night game and was wondering if it would be possible to port those models into the game?
Last edited by saiyansoda on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

It's not impossible, but it would be quite the undertaking. Several people seem to want this though, so I'm sure it'll happen anyway, we may as well be the ones to start. But the main problem with using the Dancing models is you either gotta rig it to the original P4G model's skeleton (which has very different proportions)...
Or retarget the P4G animations (assuming we can edit them, idk the method yet) to the Dancing models for ~100 different cutscene models per character (as well as the several field, battle etc. ones) and also somehow make them look good despite the proportional differences.

Again, not impossible, it would just take a lot of time and dedication. We can pull it off by using Noesis to convert the models to FBX, and then to convert our custom FBX back to GMO using this: https://github.com/ShrineFox/P4GMOdelConverter/releases

Also useful:
https://github.com/MysteryDash/MysteryD ... /Tools.zip - for unpacking/replacing PACs containing game files
https://modworkshop.net/mod/17641 - alternative unpacker
saiyansoda

If you mean we as in you and I then would you like me to send you the models I've gathered?
MagicC4ke

We could never really import custom models properly into the vita version because we didnt have the proper method so I would probably reccomend waiting for tools to develop further. Tools will probably be developed quicker now because of the new interest from P4G PC.
lssjcorey
Been liked: 2 posts

Another problem would be a bit of an artstyle disparity as even some main characters like Dojima and most of the social links do not have HD models from the dancing games so those would either have to be made from scratch (which would be difficult to replicate the art style with it looking seamless, even if Dojima has a base with the costume for Yu in DAN)
Greymanz
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

I think a lot of the pedestrians and background characters can be fudged in some way by using the heads from P5's background models and then making/editing a basic Yasogami High uniform for each gender. Those arent really that bad imo.

For more unique character models youd have to look into getting modelers experienced in replicating the game's style. I'll personally try getting into contact with some of the people who make VRChat Persona models as they have a lot of experience in maintaining the artstyle of P5/Dancing games. Itd certainly be a large undertaking but if enough people contribute then its certainly possible
lssjcorey
Been liked: 2 posts

Greymanz wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:13 pm I think a lot of the pedestrians and background characters can be fudged in some way by using the heads from P5's background models and then making/editing a basic Yasogami High uniform for each gender. Those arent really that bad imo.

For more unique character models youd have to look into getting modelers experienced in replicating the game's style. I'll personally try getting into contact with some of the people who make VRChat Persona models as they have a lot of experience in maintaining the artstyle of P5/Dancing games. Itd certainly be a large undertaking but if enough people contribute then its certainly possible
With the Pedestrians that is exactly what I was thinking but for someone like me with an eye for detail I would want to try to find ones that fit the original models as best as possible but that's just me. Also I am not sure about VRChat too much. I've never seen those models as my pc isn't good enough to run it so what would they look like?
Alan3D
Has liked: 37 posts
Been liked: 23 posts

We have yet to test if P4GPC still has the hard coded polycount limit so while i'm curious as well it'd be much faster to rig Dan Yu 100% to the Root bone and see if the game likes it. Guess we won't know if any of the problems are avoidable until tested.
saiyansoda

lssjcorey wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:20 am Another problem would be a bit of an artstyle disparity as even some main characters like Dojima and most of the social links do not have HD models from the dancing games so those would either have to be made from scratch (which would be difficult to replicate the art style with it looking seamless, even if Dojima has a base with the costume for Yu in DAN)
I have downloaded a free to use dojima model from deviantart that should work quite well.
saiyansoda

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I thought I would go ahead and post the model for Dojima-san.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.