P4G PC Texture Replacement

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Greymanz
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

Ive got a lot of the tools and I have been messing around recently, but I'd like to know more about the process for editing textures in the game.

With all the Bin files Ive been looking at with Amicitia, a ton of them seem to have duplicate textures for UI, it makes me wonder if I need to replace all of them to properly replace the texture. Im also wondering if theres some sort of File directory/description so I dont have to mess around looking for textures on my own.

Im currently working on a basic mod to remove the TV border and static from battles, and later on I want to do a mod that can replace the frankly horrible upscaling of P4G's battle icons. Since there are so many copies of the icons and the TV border, and I dont even know where to look for the TV static, id appreciate any and all help.
Serph

Hi that seems like interesting idea, Be great if it could work as a mod that removes tv border and static in battle on the ps vita version aswell always found that annoying. Best of luck with it
Greymanz

I managed to get rid of the TV static texture as it was only one file. I'll see about removing the border but im still not sure if I need to remove every reference to it or just one, and if I need to do the former, how I can find all the copies of it
Greymanz

Bump. Can anyone help me find the texture for the TV border? It turns out the file I thought was responsible didnt actually do anything when I replaced it.
DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

yeah I tried replacing the texture inside every single init_free and it just didn't do anything

I searched "noiz" and "noise" in a whole dump and didn't find these textures. looks like they are somewhere else now

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.