P3FES mod is reading as a "CD"?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
HeadstrongWolf

So, this is a shot in the dark, but it looks like this forum is active, so....

I downloaded and applied the Xdelta patch for the Full Moonlight mod - tested it with PCSX2, and it ran just fine. (And looks great!)

However - PCSX2 states "IMAGE TYPE - CD".

This is where I'm running into issues.
Is it possible to patch the iso, or restructure it, or... Whatever.... To make emulators and consoles read it as a DVD?

My goal here is to put it on my PS3 - which is hacked, runs certain PS2 games just fine - including P3FES / P4 / SMT:N, as they were released as PS2Classics.

However - there's a chance that the patch itself just breaks something in the PS3's built in emulator. Which, it so, would be heartbreaking - but I could deal. However, I don't see this as likely ; usually if a game isn't compatible, it'll at least boot the PS2 logo and then crash. This one just boots into PS2 mode and then goes back to the main xmb.

I tried looking into CDVDGEN and Disc Patcher v3, but neither helped, or I didn't operate them correctly.
I don't really know what I'm doing so ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm sorry about the informalities and whatnot.

(I'm getting my fmcb mem card deliver today, so this is only the beginning.)

Tldr - am I patching this right?
HeadstrongWolf

Well, progress. I think it has something to do with rebuilding the LBA. Whatever that means.

I'll keep looking into it but any advice would be appreciated.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.