Is Persona 3 and 4 Modding more limited. Or are people just not interested?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
CaptainLevi
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

you see daily posts on "Persona 5 Mod Showcase" channel, but very few in, the others

I can understand why there isn't much/nothing on most of the games. Like spin-offs and games which just can't be modded yet

but it makes me wonder why not in 3 and 4. Both mainline games, which do seem to be more open for modding

Is it more limited tho? P5 has more attention than the other games in literally everything, fact. That's fine. But when it comes to modding, it's WAY more

we're already seeing people backporting stuff from P5R to P5. While P4G to P4 seems just possible and that's it (but not easy)
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

It’s a little bit of both in my opinion, aside from P5 being more popular, it has a couple things over P3/4 modding. One being a better suite of model/animation tools (GFDStudio) while you still can’t import custom animations and rigs for RMDs with Amicitia. That’s apparently because the renderware formats are harder to work with than Atlus’s new GMD.
There’s also the fact that it’s way easier to edit scripts for P5 since it was possible to dump the function names to make sense of the code. Having a bunch of unnamed commands that you have to use trial and error to figure out the purpose/usage of makes it less approachable in that regard too, at least until someone steps up and figures them all out.
Lastly, P5’s event format has been reverse engineered fully but not P34’s yet. It seems fairly similar though so that may just be due to a lack of interest from anyone capable of doing so at the moment. Up until recently you also couldn’t add files to P3/4 but the recent HostFS hack solved that
CaptainLevi
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

ShrineFox wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:31 pm It’s a little bit of both in my opinion, aside from P5 being more popular, it (...)

... Up until recently you also couldn’t add files to P3/4 but the recent HostFS hack solved that
I see. Thanks for the answer. Hopefully it will get more attention from now on,

now that HostFS is here.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.