Upscaled P3 and P4 is impossible for now?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
CaptainLevi
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I heard playing P3 and P4 with upscaled textures is not possible without a custom build of PCSX2 (not released to public because it's apparently too buggy. Despite the fact I never heard which so serious bugs are those) made by someone named "Rexis"

I tried upscaling something myself, but when I put it into the game it was like I didn't do anything and the texture would still show up at the default resolution... That basically proved for me that yes... just as I heard, it wasn't possible

Because again... I inserted an upscaled texture with a 2x better quality inside the game and it still showed up with the default, worse quality, definitely NOT the one I put... why? And can anyone give me a good reason as to why this custom build can1t be available to the public? not some answer like "it's too buggy"

Even if you say "the author doesn't want to. End"

it will be more acceptable than saying it's just too buggy

like, I'm pretty sure it IS functional. After all, I saw some posts regarding P4 upscaling and a guy is already playing P4 with upscaled bustups, so...

but even if it wasn't completely functional... Why not release it anyway? More people would acknowledge it, possibly offer to help...
CaptainLevi

also, as a note. It's not like I care that much for upscaling...

being honest, I wouldn't help the project, so I'm useless for that

I only care for this because I'm playing P4 on a very low end PC with a not so high quality. And the game doesn't look that good

I'm fine with 3D graphics being low res, but the 2D bustups also look bad... Like, really bad. And I assume the only solution for me would be to play with upscaled textures (or getting a better PC. But I really can't )

they kinda look like thisImage

and I don't want to play the game like this, so, help
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Usually when devs hold off on releasing work until they're finished with it, it's for the sole reason that they don't want to worry about helping people troubleshoot it when they already know it doesn't work in 100% of cases. Much easier for them to drop it when they're more or less done and then worry about community support. I hear you about wanting it to be released, though

Not sure why replacing the textures wouldn't at least make a marginal difference, but from the screenshot the game looks... squished, somehow. I've never seen a bustup look that bad before lol. All I can suggest is trying out some different texture filtering options (Config > Video > Plugins) but I imagine you've tried that by now
CaptainLevi

ShrineFox wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 pm Not sure why replacing the textures wouldn't at least make a marginal difference, but from the screenshot the game looks... squished, somehow. I've never seen a bustup look that bad before lol. All I can suggest is trying out some different texture filtering options (Config > Video > Plugins) but I imagine you've tried that by now
LMAO xD. Yeah, I doubt someone ever played the game with the graphics looking so trash lol

it didn't make a difference, even with the upscaled bustup inserted. I'll try some more, if it doesn't work, then I'll just give up and play with the bustups looking like shit anyway. Thanks to my incredibly poor PC.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.