Accessing P4G player models and animations

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Tokiren

Hello, I've attempted to load up the playable character models for Persona 4 Golden (AMD files inside PAC files), with my end goal being modifying them, but have had no luck. None of the tools that worked for Persona 3/4 seem to work with AMD files, and Amicitia cannot read the AMD files either.

Having gone through the wiki and related topics on the internet, I cannot find any scripts or documentation that could help, however the Shinji protagonist mod shows that it is likely possible to do what I'm trying to achieve.

Is there a method to load up the playable character models and animations, and hopefully export them for editing or some other way to edit them? Any help or direction is appreciated.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I can't remember for sure, but I think the newest version of Amicitia might be broken when it comes to opening AMD even though it's supposed to work. Noesis should still be able to open them to let you view/export the model: http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php ... ojects.php

If not, check if it's encrypted with a hex editor. If it looks like a bunch of random garbled nonsense with no patterns, you might need to try getting the game data again. If not, deleting all the bytes before "OMG" in the file will turn it into a GMO (the same format as P3P).
Tokiren

I've managed to get the files working by first exporting the AMDs through Amicitia, and then opening them up in Noesis. Thanks for the help.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.