Can you (not) model swap fields? (P5)

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I tried switching the field the same way you do model swaps for characters, but it didn't work. The same field kept loading despite it being a different file with the same name. Is this because both data.cpk and ps3.cpk have a 'field' folder in them and the mod system can't differentiate between the two so it doesn't load it at all?

Both fields are the simple image backdrop type BTW, so I figured it wouldn't cause any glitches. I just wanted to try modding a cutscene so it happens in a different area.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I wonder if it's possible that it's a duplicate/unused version of the background you actually meant to replace. That or it's still using the textures from the original BIN (which are usually separate from the model). Might be a good idea to check the TTY log in RPCS3 to see the names/paths of the models and textures being loaded when you visit that field
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Wish I could check the TTY but I'm on PS3. I'm wondering if event files have their own versions of the fields the take place in packed into the event file itself. Making it so that's what you would have to edit rather than the version in the field folder.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.