Issue with Persona 4 modding

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
AugmentedAntics
Been liked: 4 posts

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with...well...modding Persona 4 with the Mod Compendium. For some reason, it seems to give me bad CVM's when trying to build them, whereas with the other games, I never seem to have this problem. Because I get bad CVM's, music won't play (if I'm doing music swapping), or I get a black screen (when using any mods that edit the data CVM). I tried using the Intro Skip mod but it gives me a black screen, which is where I began to notice this. What's odd is that it would eventually give me usable CVM's, but only after I've tried building them over and over. Again, I've done mods with P3Fes, P3P, and P5 with no issues except with P4. Any help with this is appreciated.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Are you making sure to delete ZZZZZZ.BIN before replacing the files? It takes up most of the space on the disc so any mods that exceed the original CVM sizes are likely to make the ISO expand past the 4 GB limit, which would explain the black screen. You can confirm this by checking the console in PCSX2 and seeing if there's a message like "Searching for layer 1." It eventually starts up if you wait long enough but can take several minutes.

I've also heard people saying this problem is fixed in PCSX2 1.5.0, but I'm not certain
AugmentedAntics
Been liked: 4 posts

Tried that with both PCSX2 1.4.0 and 1.5.0, and the same thing happens. When looking at the console, it starts with (EE pc:0044ED2C) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [store] before endlessly spamming E0040701:Illigal format(not AFS).(adxf_GetPtStat) while staying on the black screen. This is using an ISO that has edited the BGM and Data CVMs.
Aria
Has liked: 1 post

I have the exact same problem trying to install the P4G Chie voice lines, is there a solution? Image
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I think we may have finally found the underlying issue, sometimes the process used to patch the file would exit before it was complete, leading to an unmodified executable (which would cause crashes for mods with big files, such as music)

Lemme know if updating to the latest version available here helps: https://shrinefox.com/?tool=modcompendium

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.