(P3P) Modifying NPC and citizens dialogues

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Niopack
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

Hi! I've had been working on a HUGE mod for P3P (since 2018), and, becuse of work, it's not done yet, but suddenly I realized something... In order to complete the mod I need to edit what the citizens say around the town and what the characters say in the dorm at night to the protagonist, so I looked for the file but I can't find it! I literally look every single file in UMD0.cpk but can't find it, I think is the only thing that I need to complete my mod, and sadly can not be finished without modifying these :cry: ...

I need to locate the file (or files) where all the dialogues, thoughts, comments, etc. from SEES, NPC, and citizens are so I can modify them using PersonaText (I think they should be .BMD or at least .bin with .bmd inside of it)

If anyone can help me, thanks in advance :D :D :D !
Sierra
Been liked: 8 posts

A bit of background info: .BMD files are specifically for text and dialogue, and .BF files are basically the game's scripting. But sometimes the game will store a .bmd within a .bf, which makes it easier for the script to interact with the dialogue.

There's a tool on this site called "BFMessageScriptEditor" that can extract and repack these dialogue files.

As for where the text you're looking for is... I believe you can find it inside the .abin files in field2d/bg/. You can use Amicitia to extract the .bf files from the .abin, then re-import them when you're done.

Each .abin file corresponds to a specific field, and should contain all the dialogue for that field. (The actual fields are the .bin files. You can use Amicitia to open them and look at the .tmx inside, in order to see which field it is.)
Niopack
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 9 posts

OMG! THANKS! THANKS YOU!

I drop the project a few months ago because I thought it wasn't possible, I didn't even notice then because I was using Persona Editor (the computer were I was making the project has Windows 7 and because the NET.Framework I think, Amicitia doesn't work on Windows 7) and PersonEditor doesn't open the .abin files, so I thought didn't have anything important... Seriously you saved my life and the project :D! Thank you so much.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.