P5D Stuck on Black Screen (PS5)

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
kimchisoo2

Hey ShrineFox,

I've been trying to play P5D on my jailbroken PS5 using a fpkg, the same one used for a jailbroken PS4. The PS5 uses the same Fake package enabler HEN, so the process is pretty much exactly the same as PS4. But right after successfully launching the game and the Atlus logo comes and the intro song plays, it goes to black screen with no sound. The PS5 isn't frozen; I can quit out of the game with the controller.

I've tried every region copy of the game, with the same results. The Japanese copy was on v1.02, which I thought would maybe make a difference (as opposed to USA and Europe's 1.00), but it didn't.

I stumbled upon your website while trying to find a solution, and followed your "Manually Patching PS4 Persona Games" to the dot, thinking that modding my fpkg file would maybe get the game past that black screen. The mod itself did work (I saw that the intro skip had worked), but the black screen is still there afterwards.

I know this may not be related to modding, but I thought maybe you had some idea of what could be going on, since if anyone would know anything about playing a persona game using a fpkg, I thought it would be you, after having seen your extremely thorough and helpful website.

Have you seen or heard about anything similar happening on PS4 with this game? Could you maybe point me towards the right direction?

Thank you so much. Your guide was fantastic and I learned so much following it.

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I’m glad you found the guide helpful! This is certainly strange though, usually if something was wrong with the FPKG the game would fail to boot altogether. My only experience with FPKGs is on PS4 though, so I’m not sure how much mod compatibility differs, even if it’s supposed to be backwards compatible. It’s possible the same thing could occur with the same FPKG on PS4, but in either case I unfortunately lack the experience to solve it. I wish you luck searching for a workaround!
kimchisoo2

Hey ShrineFox,

Thanks for the quick reply :) According to what you said, it must be related to my PS5 rather than the FPKG then.
I'll keep searching! And when I do get a fix, I'll be sure to install the mod of skipping the intro :)
kimchisoo2

Hey ShrineFox!

After trying to run the fpkg version of P4D, I saw that it freezes when trying to make a save, and then realized that what might be causing the blackscreen on my P5D is actually the process of saving (which happens at the title screen, the point where blackscreen happens)! So I'm trying to fix the issue by getting saves of these games, but I'm not able to find any P5D saves or P4D saves online...

Do you possibly have a save for those games that you don't mind sharing..?

Thanks again :)

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.