Kanji characters are incorrect after decompiling the .bf file

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
kkymion

Hello. I am new to modding.

I'm trying to extract the text from Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon(JPN Version). After unpacking the dds3.ddt/dds3.img files using PackTools, I obtained the detailed files of the game. Within them, I found .bf files and decompiled them using AtlusScriptCompiler. However, I encountered an issue where all the Kanji characters were incorrect, even though the English and Japanese hiragana parts were correct:

I suspect that the problem lies in the character offset of Raidou game. To investigate, I attempted to decompile the .bf files in SMT3 and DDS1 using AtlusScriptCompiler, but encountered the same issue:

This led me to believe that there might be an issue with my AtlusScriptCompiler's charsets file. Therefore, I downloaded AtlusScriptCompiler again and used it to decompile the df files in SMT3 and DDS1 (ensuring that I selected the corresponding games on the GUI). However, the same problem persisted. On the other hand, I was able to decompile the .bf file of JPN version of P4 (PS2) and P4G (PC) successfully using AtlusScriptCompiler.

I have been thinking for a long time but haven't been able to figure out the reason behind this. I hope someone can help me! Sorry for my poor English.
Thank you very, very much! ;D

Tags:

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.