P5R Mod Wishlist (SPOILERS)

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Just got done enjoying P5R. While many of the changes are welcome, I'm sure everyone had a wishlist of features in mind that didn't make the cut, or would otherwise enhance the experience for you even if it doesn't make sense for ATLUS to include them.

For me, here would be a few:
Thieves Den
Don't Reset Character Model: I assume this should be easy enough to do by removing references to whatever flowscript function sets your model back to Joker when interacting with things.
Remember BGM: Similar to the above, it'd be nice to have a global variable or some set of bit flags keep track of your choice of Thieves Den BGM and set it automatically.

Story
More Chances To Go Out: If you had the ability to go out at night sooner (and on days where you went to the metaverse during the day), as well as increased Confidant availability, it'd make it a lot easier to get your stats up and see everything in one playthrough. It'd also be nice to still be able to go out on days taken up by story events where everyone just holds a meeting.
Less flashbacks: Would be a tedious undertaking, but removing redundant flashbacks from story events (especially for things that just happened). This could potentially include the interrogation scenes as an optional mod. Heck, someone could even make a mod that strips out most story stuff to make the main gameplay (confidants and dungeon crawling) far more uninterrupted when revisiting.

Other
Updated P5R Mod Menu: Including Sumire and Darkechi in the party add/remove options (plus a toggle for Darkechi/regular Akechi and his Persona). It'd be great to also include the photo/movie viewer, BGM player etc. from the Thieves Den.
P5R Adachi Mod: A port of the Adachi mod to P5R.
Elvagan
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

You picked my curiousity talking about P5R as i'm currently working on it. I finished the game last week and wanted to continue the experience ^^. It seems that the PS4 emulator is still picky about "illegal" stuff so I'm currently trying to import stuff from P5R to P5, learning how to mod on the way. But if you tell me there is a way to run P5R on emulator I would be the happiest man on earth and would switch to it immediatly :D

I had to make some modifications to the modding tools to read the files. I'd love to share the findings but i don't know the policies of this forum to talk about "backstage stuff" publicly (I'm new to Persona modding scene and I heard Atlus is picky on certain topics :/ ). Maybe we could have a section to talk about P5R modding findings? Or do you use the Discord for this kind of stuff?

For the mod ideas i would love having a way to hangout with Sumire before the last part of the game and also being able to hangout with Maruki (it would require create events but it could be fun :) )

Also porting the "less annyoing Iwai shop" would be nice xD
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Good idea, added a P5R section just in case. I know a few people have managed to mod the leaked Chinese version by porting the mod menu but it sounds like you have to use a 5.05 PS4 to do anything for now. I'm personally waiting for a way to mod the English version (which would require that to either leak too or an updated CFW to dump it).

Should be fine to discuss the tools and files and stuff publicly as long as we aren't directly sharing the leak in question, I imagine they're mainly concerned about piracy. I agree those would also be very welcomed changes, I kept worrying I would run out of time during the last month

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.