While it’s certainly been an off year for many of us, modding hasn’t slowed down. Priorities shift, people come and go… But in spite of it all, here is a grand list of achievements the community has made together this year.
- January: P4G Mod Support (Vita) created by lipsum.
- February: P5 4K Resolution Mod Released, with many mods since adding compatibility.
- March: HostFS for P3FES, P4, Nocturne – No more CPK/ISO Repacking or Executable Patching– just one simple PNACH to load unpacked files!
- April: Unfortunately no 420 video this year 🙁
- May: Open sourced the new Amicitia.Github.io, which now uses spreadsheets to dynamically build a directory of mods, tools, guides and cheats.
- June: P4G PC Mod Loader Released, along with a cheatengine table and save converter by lipsum. Elvagan releases a fork of GFD Studio that allows you to view and export P5R animations.
- July: P4GMOdelConverter Updated to support P4G PC, leading to a ton of cool model imports.
- August: DeathChaos creates P5 Modding Community Patches, with features such as Single Combat GAP, Expand DLC BGM IDs, Forcibly Enable motionse.dat/acb on All Enemies, Disable Player Swordtrack Loading, and Load Proper Boss Voices.
- September: @regularpanties donates 6.72 PS4 and a wealth of documentation to jumpstart P5R modding, resulting in Mod Compendium support, a guide and a P5R Mod Menu.
- October: DeathChaos creates a patch that un-hardcodes which encounters in P5 use Personas, and which Persona they use. Phoenix releases a Faithful Skill Rebalance mod for P3FES. Another user named Magatsu releases a P5R persona backport mod for vanilla P5!
A lot happened this month! Let’s talk about it.
- TGE fixes bugs for AtlusScriptCompiler, finally fixing incorrect float values and some accuracy issues regarding hooks. He also releases preappfile, a true unpacker for P4G PC’s data. The contents of P4G’s PAC files (i.e. data00004.PAC) are cross-referenced by different CPK files (data_e.CPK), which each correspond to a certain language. This unpacker goes by that instead of just dumping the assorted contents of each PAC.
- Tekka releases Aemulus Package Manager, a new mod manager that allows for PAK/BIN merging and proper P4G PC file unpacking using preappfile.
- Tupelov creates a repository with the latest Compiler Libraries, leading to P3FES and P4G Mod Menus by Tekka and ShrineFox/Sierra respectively.
- TGE also releases a universal ISO redirector for Reloaded II, which works similar to the P4G PC Mod Loader but for PCSX2 (as a HostFS alternative).
- Sierra creates a randomizer for P4G PC and a mod to un-hardcode boss parameters (such as Persona-using enemies) and dungeon BGM. You can use this 010 Editor Template to edit those.
- Phoenix releases their Modern Skill Rebalance mod, which brings skills and stats from later games into P3FES (both The Journey and The Answer).
- DniweTamp backports Yoshizawa from P5R to Vanilla P5! This mod replaces Haru, and comes complete with all her UI elements and models.
Last but not least, in this month alone, which is only halfway over:
- DeathChaos shares MAJOR update for the GMD Maxscript to support morph target animations, new P5R keyframe types, camera animations, and bugfixes for incorrect weights and unrigged vertices.
- Scarltz creates a 010 Editor template for modding P5R TBLs.
- Tupelov improves the Script Compiler GUI by adding a dark theme and several other long-awaited bugfixes and features, such as overwriting, disassembly, viewing the log, and the addition of several games.
- ShrineFox releases Mod Compendium v1.6, which adds P5R USA support!
Obviously, there were many more accomplishments I’m likely to be forgetting, so go ahead and browse amicitia.github.io to see everything submitted this year!