Persona 5: How do you delete/hide clothing accessories like hats?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I'm trying to make my first custom model by putting Sae's normal face on her Shadow's body but I can't seem to get rid of her hat without the game crashing. The most I can do is swap the textures for it with something transparent, but that just makes her hat solid black (or white). I tried deleting the pointers to the texture under the materials tree but that still makes the game crash. Does it have something to do with flags or all these other values in their columns?

DniweTamp
Has liked: 42 posts
Been liked: 90 posts

load the model in 3ds max by following shrinefox's rigging tutorial and delete the mesh there
Ikuzu

So it can't be done outside of 3DS max? That app was a pain in the ass just to get the trial version, let alone trying to use it.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Sometimes deleting the material itself in GFD Studio works for me, just isn't the best option if it's shared by other objects. But if the hat has its own material then you're good to go
Ikuzu

The game still crashed when I deleted the materials. Or rather the reference points in the material trees to the designated textures for the hat.

I'm guessing the hat doesn't have it's own material and it's integrated into the rest of the outfit?

EDIT: I tried deleting anything that just said 'hat' this time (omitting r01 because I assumed that was part of the hat) and now I get this error message.

I can't find where that is in GFD Studio.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.