[PC] Persona 4 Golden - Detailed Skill Card Descriptions

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
rudiger__sf

[PC] Persona 4 Golden - Detailed Skill Card Descriptions

Post by rudiger__sf » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:50 pm

INTRODUCTION
In Persona 4 Golden, the skill card "info" you can display in your item list is practically useless; the descriptions simply reiterate the name of the skill and tell you little else.
This mod adds detailed descriptions to every skill card in the game, so you can know instantly what a skill does before you teach it to your Persona.

Skill card description BEFORE:

Skill card description AFTER:

But that's not all!
Additionally, this mod updates all of the "Auto-" skill descriptions (Persona/Compendium views) with details of their effects.
Unlike the normal versions of Rakukaja, Marakukaja etc., the "Auto-" versions do not have detailed descriptions. Just like the skill cards, their descriptions do little more than reiterate the name of the skill, so I've updated those too:

"Auto-" skill description BEFORE:

"Auto-" skill description AFTER:

CHANGELOG
Spoiler
Show
[21st July 2020] Initial release
KNOWN ISSUES
Spoiler
Show
None! Will update if any are reported.
REQUIREMENTS
- The PC version of Persona 4 Golden
- The latest release of "p4gpc.modloader"
- The latest release of "Reloaded-II"

My installation steps assume you have used both of these mod tools before. If you have not, please read both TGEnigma's "readme" and MadMax1960's "Beginner's Guide to Modding Persona 4 Golden" before you try using my files.

INSTALLATION
NOTE: This mod was created for and tested on the latest stable Steam version of the game. I have not tested compatibility with the Denuvo-free or beta version ("Hotfix_01a").
  • Download the mod here (.zip)
    • Extract the "data00004" folder from the .zip file.
      Within this folder is an "init.bin" file.
    • Place the "data00004" folder as-is (with the "init.bin" file inside), to in the root of your "mods" directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Persona 4 Golden\mods").
      If the "mods" folder does not exist, create it and place the folder as shown below:

• Run Reloaded-II as an administrator (right-click -> "Run as Administrator")
    • Now in the Reloaded-II window, select Persona 4 Golden (p4g.exe), then "Launch Application"
FAQ
"I'm already using a mod that changes 'data00004\init.bin'. Is it possible to use both your mod and that one together?"
  • Yes, but you'll need to create a new "init.bin" of your own that includes the changes from both mods, together. You can do this with Amicitia providing the mods don't conflict.

In short, you'll need to open my "init.bin" with Amicitia and browse to init/datMsg.pak then from there extract both "datSkillCardHelp.bmd" and "datSkillHelp.bmd". Now you've got both of those files, you can add them to the other mod's "init.bin" with Amicitia again and save. This should give you a single "init.bin" with both mods included.
"Do you recommend any other mods to compliment this pack?"
- "No TV Static" by ShrineFox
- "ENG Title Fix" by cabbage
- "Remastered Cutscenes Pack" by me! :D

CREDITS
TGEnigma for p4gpc.modloader and Amicitia
Sewer56 for The Reloaded Project, Reloaded-II