[PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
Post Reply
User avatar
cabbage
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 am
Been thanked: 24 times

[PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by cabbage » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:33 am

This mod includes:
  • P4G ENG Title Fix

    Fixes the title screen to better match the English version of the game:
    • Changes "PERSONA4 The GOLDEN" to "PERSONA4 GOLDEN" in the title marquees.
    • Fixes the "hole" in the frame surrounding the title logo.
    • Changes "Retum to Inaba" to "Return to Inaba" in the text label under the LOAD GAME main menu entry.
    Changed files:

    Code: Select all

    - In `data00004.pac/title/title.bin/`:
      1. `PERSONA4theGOLDENmoji.tmx`
      2. `PRESS_ANY_BUTTONmoji.tmx`
      3. `title.plg`
      4. `p4g_menu01spr.spr/p4g_menu01_e.tmx`
    
  • Boot Logo Hee-Hos

    Adds some Hee-Hos to the boot logos.

    Changed files:

    Code: Select all

    - All files in `data00003.pac/title/logo.bin/`.
    
-----

Instructions
  1. Download the mod from this link.
  2. Setup the P4G PC Mod Loader by TGE.
  3. Extract the files in this mod's Data folder to <p4g_install_dir>/mods/.
  4. Launch the game via the Reloaded-II launcher that was configured in step #2.
-----

Preview

Original to the left, fixed version to the right:

Image
Image

Original to the left, better version to the right:

Image

Video preview:

Last edited by cabbage on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arthandas
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by Arthandas » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Much appreciated, it was bugging me too :)
I don't like the Hee-Hos though, but thankfully they're optional.

User avatar
Zeper
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:40 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by Zeper » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Very nice mod the game was literally unplayable, thank you !

btw I love how you can just stick our beloved Jack to something and it instantly become a better version.
I should try on myself someday. Image
Trust me
Show

User avatar
verbina29
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by verbina29 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm

After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.

User avatar
Pixelguin
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:19 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by Pixelguin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm

verbina29 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm
After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.
Did you remember to disable the Reloaded-II console output? It will cause stutter during cutscenes if it is left on.

AngelicDemon
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:19 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by AngelicDemon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:42 pm

Pixelguin wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm
verbina29 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm
After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.
Did you remember to disable the Reloaded-II console output? It will cause stutter during cutscenes if it is left on.
This. I was worried because I had the stutter issue with an untouched game and I fixed it, but Reloaded-II brought it back UNTIL I disabled the console prompt. It's surprising how that can cause the cutscene stutter even for those who didn't have the issue already.

User avatar
TheP0w3r10154
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by TheP0w3r10154 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm a bit new to this and I'm having a bit of trouble with the file paths and all that. Can someone help?

User avatar
cabbage
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 am
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by cabbage » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm

You put this mod (along with other mods) in a mods directory next to P4G.exe (i.e. the install path).

Example of a mods folder structure:

Image

Then, assuming you've already set up Reloaded-II and the modloader, you add the mods you want to load to the modloader settings.
The topmost mod will be loaded with the highest priority (files inside it will override the same files in other mods, if they exist).

Image

User avatar
TheP0w3r10154
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Re: [PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Post by TheP0w3r10154 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:22 pm

cabbage wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm
You put this mod (along with other mods) in a mods directory next to P4G.exe (i.e. the install path).

Example of a mods folder structure:

Image

Then, assuming you've already set up Reloaded-II and the modloader, you add the mods you want to load to the modloader settings.
The topmost mod will be loaded with the highest priority (files inside it will override the same files in other mods, if they exist).

Image
Can you give me an example of what the mod directory should look like because I'm having a hard time with that.

Post Reply