Question, is there any way to decrypt or decompile the PKG for P5R US?

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
clop

I'm just wondering because i want to look through the game's files but it's impossible for me to decompile or even view the contents of the PKG file. Is there any way to do so or not yet?
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I’m not aware of a way to do that on PC, at least with the retail PKG... you’d have to install it on PS4 and dump the contents unless we knew the key. However, that’s why I recommend looking for the “fake pkg” of the base game. Usually the key for those is all zeroes so you can use a program like PS4 pkg viewer to extract it. Backports like for 5.05 are always fake pkgs for instance, you’d just need to find one that includes the base game
clop

i got the pkg from that ad filled downloadgameps3 website. is that the one that contains the fake PKG? and if so how would i go about decompiling it?
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Took a look with PS4PKGTool, yep it is indeed a fake PKG for firmwares 6.50 and up. However it looks like I was wrong that I could extract it with that. this PKGEditor program seems to work perfect: Open the PKG, go to the Files tab and right click and extract the USRDIR folder somewhere. Try not to click on the window after you hit extract and give it some time, you might have to double click the folder to show all the files and extract them one by one instead if it crashes. I've had more luck using this tool, same drill but you have to enter the key (32 zeroes, so 00000000000000000000000000000000)

As for the extracted CPKs, you can go about getting the contents of those with this.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.