Persona-type Shadows (just like P5)

Discuss hypothetical mods that nobody has taken on yet. Modders can choose to consider these ideas for their own projects.
ToldYouSo

Has anybody noticed during playthrough of P5, how persona-type enemies in P5 brought so much new fun and variety in contrast of that pale and lame shadows design of P3 and P4?

To be honest, the combat in these games are kinda losing so much to new Persona games, just because of how Atlus refused from Demons/Persona concepts for in-game enemies. They are constantly being repeated during any stage of the game, and this is REALLY, really a main reason, why this becomes so less interested after the beginning. Instead of great Shin Megami Tensey legacy, Atlus made a strange decision and could not afford to put much effort into it.

Not kinda sure, is it possible, since Im not acquainted with coding in Golden or 3. From the view of graphical changes, however, I see there's not to much to do. Persona-type shadows still can play their animation during attack event, or ability cast, and dies, fading away in black fog (just like they always did). I guess, the only problem is about playing "knockdown", but man, this is not so much of a need for this. I would really hype if something like that would come out someday. Gotta give me so much excitement to run NGL again.

As for now, maybe someone informed let me know, if its even possible to make!

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I like this idea, especially in the wake of all these mods that try to make P3/4 more like P5 aesthetically. I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible, since all you'd have to do is replace the enemy model with the Persona model (and maybe tweak animation order to match, if they don't already). And I guess change their stats/moveset/sounds to match. It'd take a lot of time and effort but it's totally doable for any of the games
ToldYouSo

If so, that idea will surely come out someday. I'm not sure im the first one to ever come to think about this. If ofcourse, modding wont die too quickly.

Ofcource, Pixie will be the most deadliest Persona-shadow.
Maybe I would take a personal look at modding tools since I return home by new ear. Feel sorry I can't start working right now, since Im not so hyped like my first trying P3-P4, and job is draining my spirit.
Pioziomgames
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Last edited by Pioziomgames on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

What else would they need as enemies, hurt animation? I guess that is a predicament considering there’s no custom animations yet for P3/4 and there’s nowhere else to take take them from
Pioziomgames
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 7 posts

Last edited by Pioziomgames on Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tayruu
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

ShrineFox wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:49 pm What else would they need as enemies, hurt animation? I guess that is a predicament considering there’s no custom animations yet for P3/4 and there’s nowhere else to take take them from
What about SMT3? You'd be able to cover for *some* of the shadows/demons at least, since I think they already reused assets. (This is assuming they use the same format.)

Also re Pioziomgames: idle animations do exist, they're used in the Compendium info tab.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.