Persona 5 Randomized Encounter Mods ?

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 5 for PS3 and PS4.
Skylord4321
Been liked: 1 post

I heard about ShrineFox use this mod (From TGE) where it randomized enemy (including) so I want to try it too.
So anyone knows how to about this mod? (i have been searching it everywhere)
Sorry I'm new to this mod community.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I've been working on a tool to randomize TBL files, haven't had time to test it much yet but it should work for P5's ENCOUNT.TBL, which will give you the results like in the video:

Skylord4321

great! thanks a lot! Sorry about why i took so long reply the thread but still thanks for telling me!

I'm really appreciate it. :D
ShrineFox
Site Admin

No problem! I hope it actually works, lemme know if not
MVicious

ShrineFox wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 am No problem! I hope it actually works, lemme know if not
Hey, I gave this tool a try (Both p3 and p4), however I encountered some issues with tables. Some of it works perfectly, but anything involving text fails, as well as the encounter tables.

First P3 FES
This is what I get when I try to change MSG, AICALC (both)

Code: Select all

System.Exception: User Rate Limit ExceededReason: userRateLimitExceeded
at GoogleTranslateNET.GoogleTranslate.GetResponse[T](RestRequest request)
at GoogleTranslateNET.GoogleTranslate.Translate(Language sourceLanguage, Language destinationLanaguage, String[] text)
at AtlusRandomizer.Translator.Translate(String text, Language[] languages)
at AtlusRandomizer.Translator.Translate(String text)
at AtlusRandomizer.ScriptRandomizer.RandomizeMessageScript(MessageScript messageScript)
at AtlusRandomizer.ScriptRandomizer.RandomizeFlowScript(Stream stream)
at AtlusRandomizer.ScriptRandomizer.RandomizeFlowScript(Byte[] data)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona3FesTableRandomizer.RandomizeAICalculationTable(String tablePath)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona3FesTableRandomizer.Randomize(String tableDirectoryPath, Boolean[] options, Boolean bossrush)
at PersonaRandomizer.MainForm.RandomizeTables()
at PersonaRandomizer.MainForm.btn_Randomize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Google Translate API?

This is the error I get when changing ENCOUNT

System.IO.IOException: The directory name is invalid.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona3FesTableRandomizer.GetFieldAndRoomIds(String fieldpath)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona3FesTableRandomizer.RandomizeEncounterTable(String tablePath, String fieldPackPath)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona3FesTableRandomizer.Randomize(String tableDirectoryPath, Boolean[] options, Boolean bossrush)
No, none of my hard disks are too full for this.

As for Persona 4, MSG gives the same Google Translate error as above, as well as PERSONA throwing this error.

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
at AtlusRandomizer.TableRandomizer.GetRandom[T](IList list)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona4TableRandomizer.RandomizePersonaTable(String tablePath)
at AtlusRandomizer.Persona4TableRandomizer.Randomize(String tableDirectoryPath, Boolean[] options, Boolean isP4G, Boolean bossRush)
There is also a weird bug involving the order in which you select input/output directories in the Files tab. If I select the output second, it will always say I need to select a valid input/output folder. I need to select the input last for some reason.

I just have one small little nitpick with the Tables tab also, it adds a .randomized extension to the file which makes it irritating to quickly alter the files if I get trolled in the game somehow. Having it overwrite would be significantly more nice. I could always run a quick batch script to fix them though, if that isn't something you've planned.

I hope this is helpful in some way. Thanks for the nice tool.
ShrineFox
Site Admin

The MSG.TBL randomization is still incomplete, it's been a major thing holding back a final release. You need an API key from Google to do the translation stuff, which costs money unless you do the free trial. I still have yet to add a way to use your own API key to do batch translation. Event then it only works a couple times before you run out of credits. We also looked into using a webscraper to get translations from the free version of Translate, but it also rate limits you after you exceed a certain number of translations. I'm not sure what else to do to get around this, whether it's a free translation service of some kind (haven't found any without limits yet) or changing IPs after every 100 or so translations.

As for the other stuff, I'll see about fixing it eventually. All other TBLs were supposed to work so I guess I have testing to do

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.