[PC] P4G ENG Title Fix

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
cabbage
Been liked: 35 posts

This mod includes:
  • P4G ENG Title Fix - Fixes the title screen to better match the English version of the game:
    • Changes "PERSONA4 The GOLDEN" to "PERSONA4 GOLDEN" in the title marquees.
    • Fixes the "hole" in the frame surrounding the title logo.
    • Changes "Retum to Inaba" to "Return to Inaba" in the text label under the LOAD GAME main menu entry.
    Changed files:

Code: Select all

- In `data00004.pac/title/title.bin/`:
      1. `PERSONA4theGOLDENmoji.tmx`
      2. `PRESS_ANY_BUTTONmoji.tmx`
      3. `title.plg`
      4. `p4g_menu01spr.spr/p4g_menu01_e.tmx`

• Boot Logo Hee-Hos - Adds some Hee-Hos to the boot logos.

Changed files:

Code: Select all

- All files in `data00003.pac/title/logo.bin/`.

-----

Instructions
  1. Download the mod from this link.
  2. Setup the P4G PC Mod Loader by TGE.
  3. Extract the files in this mod's Data folder to <p4g_install_dir>/mods/.
  4. Launch the game via the Reloaded-II launcher that was configured in step #2.
-----

Preview

Original to the left, fixed version to the right:
Spoiler
Original to the left, better version to the right:
Spoiler
Video preview:
Spoiler
Last edited by cabbage on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arthandas
Has liked: 5 posts

Much appreciated, it was bugging me too :)
I don't like the Hee-Hos though, but thankfully they're optional.
Zeper
Has liked: 6 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Very nice mod the game was literally unplayable, thank you !

btw I love how you can just stick our beloved Jack to something and it instantly become a better version.
I should try on myself someday. Image
Trust me
verbina29

After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.
Pixelguin
Has liked: 8 posts
Been liked: 16 posts

verbina29 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.
Did you remember to disable the Reloaded-II console output? It will cause stutter during cutscenes if it is left on.
AngelicDemon
Has liked: 15 posts
Been liked: 2 posts

Pixelguin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm
verbina29 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm After installing this mod, the cutscenes stutter. I have the 4GB patch and the SpecialK patch installed, and the Slightly Enhanced FMV Mod. Sucks that it does that.
Did you remember to disable the Reloaded-II console output? It will cause stutter during cutscenes if it is left on.
This. I was worried because I had the stutter issue with an untouched game and I fixed it, but Reloaded-II brought it back UNTIL I disabled the console prompt. It's surprising how that can cause the cutscene stutter even for those who didn't have the issue already.
TheP0w3r10154

I'm a bit new to this and I'm having a bit of trouble with the file paths and all that. Can someone help?
cabbage
Been liked: 35 posts

You put this mod (along with other mods) in a mods directory next to P4G.exe (i.e. the install path).

Example of a mods folder structure:

Then, assuming you've already set up Reloaded-II and the modloader, you add the mods you want to load to the modloader settings.
The topmost mod will be loaded with the highest priority (files inside it will override the same files in other mods, if they exist).

TheP0w3r10154

cabbage wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:19 pm You put this mod (along with other mods) in a mods directory next to P4G.exe (i.e. the install path).

Example of a mods folder structure:

Then, assuming you've already set up Reloaded-II and the modloader, you add the mods you want to load to the modloader settings.
The topmost mod will be loaded with the highest priority (files inside it will override the same files in other mods, if they exist).

Can you give me an example of what the mod directory should look like because I'm having a hard time with that.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.