[PC] Persona 4 Golden Opening Lyrics

Share, discover, or contribute to mods for Persona 4 Golden for the PSVita and PC.
pelvisbass
Has liked: 9 posts
Been liked: 15 posts

Intro
In order to familiarize my self with some of the basic tools I need for FMV modding (the anime cutscenes) I decided to make a quick version of the golden opening with lyrics. I also filtered this opening using vapoursynth as the base FMVs look very blocky and compressed however this results in a higher file size. After this I plan to filter every FMV using vapoursynth in order to get rid of as much noise and blockiness as I can but that might take up to a week as there is a lot of encoding to do.

Download

Instructions
  1. Download my mod from the link above and the tools from this github
  2. Extract the folders somewhere convenient to you
  3. Go to your Persona 4 Golden installation then drag and drop movie00002.pac into Multi Extractor.exe, it should make a folder named movie00002 you will use this soon
  4. Open up the Pac Editor executable
  5. Drag and drop p4ctop3_e.usm from my mod into the white box as well as all the files you extracted using Multi Extractor.exe except p4ctop3_e.usm
  6. All of the text in the white box should now be red now just hit save and choose somewhere to save the new .pac
  7. After making sure you back up your old .pac drag and drop the newly created one into your persona 4 golden folder and overwrite it
  8. You should now have lyrics on the opening
Preview
Image Image
MadMax1960

What encoding settings/application did you use? I've been trying to match the encoding settings of the original file with ffmpeg and vlc with no avail.
pelvisbass
Has liked: 9 posts
Been liked: 15 posts

I didn't actually try matching the originals but instead tried to improve on it a little bit. I personally used this

Code: Select all

ffmpeg  -i input.mkv  -i input2.wmv -map 0:0 -b:v 30000k -vcodec wmv2 -map 1:1 -map 1:2 -acodec copy -shortest -qscale:v 1 out.wmv
It takes mkv file and encodes that into the format this game works with... after that I take the original .wmv file and just copy over the audio tracks as I don't want to encode audio twice. -qscale:v 1 is the big one as from what I can see that is what allows the video to look much better than the originals.
MadMax1960

Ah thanks! I don't plan on using the original audio but I imagine encoding that to the right format can't be too hard. I'll convert my current video into mkv and see if that works.
MadMax1960

Trying to run the command I get "Stream map '1:2' matches no streams." I'm thinking this is because I'm not using the original.wmv file but a modified one with the same encoding, but I'm not sure.
virgi792
Been liked: 1 post

Try to re encode the mod and downscale it to 720p and it works well on Vita Version

Thanks for the mod btw :D Image
Levan

How did you convert the video raw files? (That extracted from usm files)

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.