P4GMOdelConverter

Programs that will help with modding various Persona & SMT games.
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

A tool for creating working P4G custom models.

How to Use
1. Extract the MODEL_DATA from your P4G AMD/PAC file using Amicitia
2. Give it the .GMO file extension.
3. Open the .GMO with P4GMOdelConverter and it'll generate 2 .mds files (hopefully)
Note: Animations from the GMO will be included in the .mds files if the box is checked.
4. Open the generated ``_p4g.mds`` to create a new .GMO that should work in P4G.

Features as of Release 1.6
Convert GMO/FBX model to MDS text file
- Output a MDS file from an input model GMO/FBX/SMD/DAE
- (Optional) Use Noesis to export a new FBX from FBX/SMD/DAE to make adjustments or improve compatibility
- (Optional) Convert FBX directly to GMO before MDS (may improve compatibility)
- (Optional) Extract TM2 texture files from GMO (for MDS to reference when rebuilding GMO)
Fix MDS to Support P4G
- Convert your MDS to a P4G-compatible MDS with meshes split up into their own "parts"
- (Optional) Auto-Convert non-TM2 textures referenced in MDS to TM2
- (Optional) Rename underscores to spaces in bone names (except "_Bone")
- (Optional) Load animations from GMO for re-ordering/renaming/rebuilding
- (Optional) Specify the bone weapons attach to for battle models
- (Optional) Exclude animations or textures/materials from P4G MDS (for testing geometry)
Convert MDS text file to GMO model
- Output GMO rebuilt from input MDS
- Updates MDS file before converting with new animation names/order
- (Optional) Run generated GMO through TGE's tool to fix compatibility with P4G PC
- (Optional) Automatically view generated GMO in new GMOView or Noesis window
Re-order MDS animations on the fly
- Move animations up and down by name in animation list
- Update last generated/opened MDS files with new animation order
- Export current animation set to MDS file
- Load animation set from an MDS file or FBX/SMD/DAE file
- Add a new animation to the set by right clicking and choosing Add (from a MDS or FBX/SMD/DAE)
- Remove an animation from the set by right clicking and choosing Remove
- Rename an animation by right clicking it and typing the new name under Rename
- Choose a preset to auto-rename animations for P3P/P4G protags, party members, personas and some bosses

Latest Update (v1.6)
- Fixed issue with importing animations
- Add a new animation to the set by right clicking and choosing Add (from a MDS or FBX/SMD/DAE)
- Remove an animation from the set by right clicking and choosing Remove
- Rename an animation by right clicking it and typing the new name under Rename
- Animation presets for P3P/P4G Personas
- Import animations from FBX/SMD/DAE
- Auto-Convert SMD/DAE/FBX to FBX with Noesis (use -fbxascii for better compatibility, or -fbxoldexport to load a custom animation)

Known Issues
- Texture paths might be wrong when importing from SMD
- It might take awhile and appear to freeze when converting textures
kibousn

So, I've been trying this with bc003 model data, but it tells me that it can't import the tm2 files while trying to turn it into a fbx.
I'm using the newest version.
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Which settings are you using? I wonder if the texture path got messed up in the MDS. If you search for "Texture" using a text editor in the p4g one it generates and post what that looks like, it might also help me see what's wrong
kibousn

Using generate MDS from Model, I have Convert to FBX w/ Noesis, animation, mds output, and Extract TIM2 files checked. No additional options are placed.
If you mean the first mds generated by the converter, this is what I have. Not entirely sure on what I'm doing, but this is everything I found in the mds that had anything to do with textures.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PqwllC ... sp=sharing
ShrineFox
Site Admin

The "_p4g.mds" might shed more insight, you got the right part of the file though. Specifically the parts like:

Code: Select all

Texture "bc003_eye_t02" {
		FileName "bc003_eye_t02.tm2"
	}
The filename is supposed to show the full path to the extracted TM2 file, which I believe get dumped into their own folder. I wonder if Converting to FBX first before MDS is somehow messing up the path. Or do they not extract at all?

Also for clarification, in case you're just trying to convert the GMO to FBX, you can use Noesis which should also extract the textures in whichever format you want. The "convert to FBX" option in the converter is pretty much just for applying the Noesis options below it in case things aren't working right without it (like animations, rotations or if the P4G MDS isn't being created). It's more useful for converting custom FBX files to MDS than GMOs
kibousn

Unfortunately, I searched the _p4g.mds for textures, and it came up blank.
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Ooh, that’s troubling... I’ll see if I can reproduce the same results and get back to you on this
ShrineFox
Site Admin

When I attempt GMO => MDS conversion with those options, I get a "textures" folder with the TM2 files inside.
Then when I convert that MDS to _P4G.MDS (with no options selected) it outputs an MDS with the proper texture paths:

Code: Select all

Texture "bc003_eye_t02" {
		FileName "textures\bc003_eye_t02.tm2"
	}
The resulting GMO when I drag the _P4G.MDS definitely has textures, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong... I still don't recommend using the animation/mds output options (or even convert to FBX) unless you're converting from FBX => MDS but it doesn't seem to be the cause of the issue.
Here's a video of how it went for me in case there's any possibility it clears something up:

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.