[PC] P4G Music Manager

Programs that will help with modding various Persona & SMT games.
T-Pose Ratkechi
Has liked: 19 posts
Been liked: 6 posts

P4G Music Manager simplifies music replacement to just picking what file you want to use to replace a song in P4G, no command line needed. It also saves what loop samples you used for each file, and loads them back the next time you select the same file. No more writing down your settings in some text file. Using the play button opens up the file (original, after extracting, or replacement) in your default media player, useful when comparing songs!

Requirements:
TGE's xacttool*: https://shrinefox.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =335#p1238
*xacttool requires .NET Core installed: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download

Setup:
The app shows some basic instructions on how to get up and running. Let me know if more in-depth instructions are need.

Usage:
Download Icon: Extracts wav files from BGM.xwb
Attachment Icon: Opens a file select window, choose the file you want to use to replace the song.
Pencil Icon: Create a new BGM.xwb with current songs.

When you're ready to make a new BGM.xwb, hit Save then Create. Depending on how many songs were selected, this might take a while. Once it's finished, a single new BGM.xwb with all your songs can be found in the output folder of the app. Copy and paste it over P4G's BGM.xwb and you're done!

Known Issues:
Long file names will break the layout. If someone knows a way to fix that (CSS or Javascript), let me know!
Sometimes the app won't close properly if opened, closed, and reopened quickly and repeatedly. Haven't noticed it under normal use. Use Task Manager to kill the process if it does!

Download @ GameBanana: https://gamebanana.com/tools/6835
Last edited by T-Pose Ratkechi on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deisuke
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

i would be intressted to work with you. So pm and from their we can try to comunicate. Btw i would prefer if we could talk about this project in discord.
T-Pose Ratkechi

Deisuke wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:13 pm i would be intressted to work with you. So pm and from their we can try to comunicate. Btw i would prefer if we could talk about this project in discord.
Hey! While I'm glad to hear that you'd like to help I'd prefer to keep this a personal project! I'll also probably be taking a break for a while and actually play Persona 4 Golden, haven't really since I started this thing...
rudiger__sf
Has liked: 14 posts
Been liked: 31 posts

@T-Pose Ratkechi, can you explain the start and end loop options for me please?

Here's my scenario:

I have a track which is 2mins 39secs in length.
The track it will be replacing (Heaven) is 1min 20secs.

I want my track to loop at 1min 20, just like the original. Do I need to enter the start loop as "0" (without quotes) and end loop as "120"? Or "80" maybe? It's not clear how I should be formatting it, or if I need a start and end loop at all.

Sorry if you've explained this somewhere already and I've just missed it. I couldn't find a clear answer in the Gamebanana tutorial.
T-Pose Ratkechi

rudiger__sf wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 am @T-Pose Ratkechi, can you explain the start and end loop options for me please?

Here's my scenario:

I have a track which is 2mins 39secs in length.
The track it will be replacing (Heaven) is 1min 20secs.

I want my track to loop at 1min 20, just like the original. Do I need to enter the start loop as "0" (without quotes) and end loop as "120"? Or "80" maybe? It's not clear how I should be formatting it, or if I need a start and end loop at all.

Sorry if you've explained this somewhere already and I've just missed it. I couldn't find a clear answer in the Gamebanana tutorial.
It isn't explained actually, and it probably should be... Xacttool uses samples numbers(?) to set loop points. I use Audacity to find these myself, but this guide shows you how to do it with Wavosaur: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/13383
Look at section "3. Setting Loop Points".
AugmentedAntics
Been liked: 4 posts

May I suggest numbering or labeling the replacement slots? When I add songs, it pushes the slots down and following the ordering becomes a mess.
T-Pose Ratkechi

AugmentedAntics wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 pm May I suggest numbering or labeling the replacement slots? When I add songs, it pushes the slots down and following the ordering becomes a mess.
Not a real fix or anything, but I recommend shorter file names or directories. This is actually fixed in the next update, and includes numbering though now it's not as useful as when the layout would break...

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.