New Mod Submission System

Questions, feedback and thoughts on Amicitia's homepage, the wiki, or the forum.
Please be patient when waiting for a response, this is a small community staffed by a handful of busy volunteers. It may take up to a day or two.
ShrineFox
Site Admin

New Mod Submission System

Post by ShrineFox » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 pm

I've recently implemented a replacement form for when you create a new topic in any of the Mod Showcase sections.
It should look something like this:
Submission Form
Show
This new system will prevent people from posting troubleshooting or request threads in the wrong section-- we hope.
When you finish filling out the form, your thread will look something like this:
Post Preview
Show
Please note:
  • You're free to edit the thread afterward to your liking. It's not necessary to keep the "Metadata" spoiler or its contents.
  • You do not need to edit your existing posts to align with the new format! This is only for data fetching purposes from this point forward.
  • Please leave the "Spreadsheet Row" spoiler/contents intact at the bottom of the post. For example:
Spreadsheet Row
Show

Code: Select all

p5r-test2	Full Mod Title	P5R	ShrineFox	1.0	10/16/2020DATE	BGM, ADX	A description	 	https://i.imgur.com/5I5Vos8.png	https://gamebanana.com/tools/6624	Mod	folder-open	 	THREAD_URL	 	 	 	 	 	
This allows anybody to quickly copy/paste the tab-separated values into Excel or Google Sheets as a new row.
The purpose is for updating the .tsv files in the amicitia.github.io repository's "db" folder.
Of course, if you're just interested in submitting a mod, you have no obligation to do all that.
The admins will eventually do it themselves.
Spreadsheet
Show
If you have any problems using the forms, let me know and I'll try to fix it asap.
Disclaimer: I try to respond to everything I can, but might not always have an answer to every question.
Github | Twitter | Commissions | Project Status