Duplicate Music Tracks

Create detailed, step by step tutorials on how to create mods!
Tayruu
Has liked: 1 post
Been liked: 1 post

I've been doing a bit of music replacement in my modding as I've been (re)playing through P3FES, and I've noticed sometimes some duplicate tracks in the assets don't ever appear to be used. This might be useful information for those making music mods such they don't need to make extra copies of things.

Using the list on the wiki as reference, here's my own extra observations:
  • 20.adx - Deep Breath Deep Breath - used on the first full-moon mission, and during Operation Babehunt
  • Duplicates: 23, 24 - I don't believe DBDB is used anywhere else, and I have not heard other versions (ie. calls not for 20.adx) play.
  • 22.adx - A Deep Mentality - used during the Love Hotel mission
  • Duplicates: 76 - As above, appears unused
  • 43.adx - Joy - used during cutscenes and many social links.
  • Duplicates: 38 - curiously, this one is earlier numerically. It doesn't however appear to be used. I thought it could be a cutscene or even certain-social-links alternate (in case Atlus decided to create variations), but it hasn't turned up in testing. Actually turns out it is used, in the very least during events on 11/4 (post-Hanged Man party) and 11/9 (Ryoji at school). It isn't used when Junpei first joins SEES, which was what made me presume it wasn't a cutscene version.
  • 60.adx - After The Battle - used for, well, battle victory
  • Duplicates: 78.adx - this one is used. This is used during shuffle time, despite being otherwise exactly the same.
Miscellaneous notes:
  • 52.adx - Memories of the School, also known as "Memories of the Garden" apparently?, that plays as the third school theme.
  • 88.adx - Memories of the School as it appears on the soundtrack, that plays during the final scene in the ending.
  • 82 to 84.adx - These "ambience" tracks to me sound like beta versions of The Voice Someone Calls, that progressively gains more elements. I personally suspect the hub music was going to evolve like Tartarus' main theme. These are probably unused though.
  • 93.adx - The "Velvet Room Interlude" plays during the ending when the protagonist receives the voices of his social links.
  • We can probably assume anything after 115.adx (Brand New Days) is WIP junk (... and sound effects and persona fusion), and no modders would need messing with them. I have always found it fascinating how Changing Seasons transitions into Master of Tartarus though...
If anyone has some information on where the duplicates might be played after all, or I've missed something, please inform me~.

(EDIT: oops maybe this would've been better in the modding guides forum)

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Thanks for the list! I don't mind moving this to the guide section.
Definitely wouldn't hurt to have a page on the wiki for duplicates across all games, a lot of us have wasted time trying to figure out why changes aren't working before realizing the file we're editing is an unused copy of something found elsewhere.
Being able to remove these files without consequence is really nice for scrubbing the size of the game on your drive too

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.