Trying to fix Mod Menu.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I don't mean to sound impatient but is there an update coming soon? It's been over a year according to Github. I managed to fix the text being off kilter in v1.1, but some of the other features don't work. Namely you can't rename the protagonist. Only works in the dummy field where he doesn't have a name yet. In flag options if you go to '3rd Semester Stuff', nothing happens. And if you use 'Go to 3rd Semester' from the Calendar menu, it crashes the game. It's even made my PS4 hard crash to the point where I've had to unplug it. Lastly, and these are just some small things I noticed that's different from Mod Menu on the PS3 version. When you load a new field or call calendar, Mod Menu doesn't close on its own. And 'disable camera shake' only partially works in that if you load an event, it goes back to being enabled. Mod Menu on PS3 was able to keep it camera shake disabled during cutscenes but not always.

Just wanted to point these things out in case there's an update in the works. Or if not, maybe somebody knows how I can fix them myself.

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Those are definitely some valid critiques, I wouldn’t mind bumping it up in priority. I can’t say I have an idea yet how to fix most of those issues, but I can start with the descriptions and removing the broken stuff. Once I sync the changes from the latest PS3 version I’ll go from there.

And like you said, contributions are absolutely welcome in the meantime if anyone else can fix anything
Ikuzu

I noticed Mod Menu was updated a few days ago, so thanks for that. I just wanted to point out that 'Change Romance Route' and 'Manage Hideout' in Flag Options are backwards. They lead to each other's menus. '3rd Semester Stuff' still does nothing and 'Go to 3rd Semester' still hard crashes my game (console), so I'm wondering if they do that for anyone else.
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Yup, the only things I changed for the Royal menu so far are what was mentioned in the release post, so mostly fixing descriptions and some flag stuff.

I’m currently making fast progress on a reactor of the PS3 Mod Menu, right now it compiles for both vanilla and Royal so in the future it will be effortless to keep both versions in sync. Just want to finish up with that before I get too far in fixing the Royal specific stuff, but that’s coming up soon
Ikuzu

Awesome. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a 'reactor' of the PS3 mod menu? I still get mind boggled by Github terminology... (Like seriously, WTH is a 'commit'? Is it like a comment but leet?)

And speaking of keeping things in sync, I wish I could use the old version of Mod Compendium that I made PS3 P5 mods with for Royal. Why does Mod Compendium 1.7 give you an error message when you don't use compression?
ShrineFox
Site Admin

Huh, had no idea about the compression thing but it sounds like I should add that to the list of things to fix with that. Usually when I have issues with anything in the mod Compendium settings, closing the program and deleting all the xml files in the config folder seems to help. Can’t be sure that’s the issue here though

I’m basically replacing the build.bat file with a c# program that alters the scripts to compile for either the Royal or PS3 libraries without needing two separate copies. The new readme on that page goes into more detail about how that works. Since the menu code has gotten so large and difficult to navigate and add stuff to, I’m also splitting it into smaller files that accomplish specific things, making naming conventions consistent etc. just a bunch of stuff like that

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.