Problems with Mod Loading and Language Files

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

EmreX_Coded wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm Already tried that, ModCompendium then says "Data Directory not found"
Should i try to extract the "patch2R_G.cpk" replace every file with my modded files and then load the modded Patch.cpk?
Then the only other thing I can think of is keep the 'data' folder as is and make a new folder called 'mod' inside it, then put your field folder in that. So Mod Compendium > Mods > Test Mod GERMAN > Data > mod > field. I've seen some mods on the PS3 version do that for files PS3.cpk.

Tags:
RubyX_Coded
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 6 posts

Ikuzu wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm
EmreX_Coded wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:40 pm Already tried that, ModCompendium then says "Data Directory not found"
Should i try to extract the "patch2R_G.cpk" replace every file with my modded files and then load the modded Patch.cpk?
Then the only other thing I can think of is keep the 'data' folder as is and make a new folder called 'mod' inside it, then put your field folder in that. So Mod Compendium > Mods > Test Mod GERMAN > Data > mod > field. I've seen some mods on the PS3 version do that for files PS3.cpk.
Sadly it does not work. I'll just try to put my modded files into the "Patch2R_G.cpk", i hope it works
RubyX_Coded

EmreX_Coded wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:38 pm
Ikuzu wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm
Sadly it does not work. I'll just try to put my modded files into the "Patch2R_G.cpk", i hope it works
Nope, that doesn't work. i'm soo frustrated...
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

If I'm not mistaken, files in the mod.cpk are supposed to override all other CPKs including the language ones. The fact that it didn't work even with the language set to English makes me think there might be another problem.

You seem to have the paths right, TEST Mod GERMAN\Data\field looks fine. But I think the text you're replacing might actually be unused. From what I remember modding the PS3 version, the "work of fiction" text is actually made up of images from the title\fiction.pak file, so maybe that could be it.

Aside from that, do other mods seem to work (i.e. model replacements)?
RubyX_Coded

ShrineFox wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:07 pm If I'm not mistaken, files in the mod.cpk are supposed to override all other CPKs including the language ones. The fact that it didn't work even with the language set to English makes me think there might be another problem.

You seem to have the paths right, TEST Mod GERMAN\Data\field looks fine. But I think the text you're replacing might actually be unused. From what I remember modding the PS3 version, the "work of fiction" text is actually made up of images from the title\fiction.pak file, so maybe that could be it.

I was just testing text mods because i'm completely new to Persona 5 Modding. BUT if the text is really a image than it makes sense. I used the Text Searcher. I''ll try modding a text from a text box and see if it works.
I'll post a reply to update you if it works or not^^
RubyX_Coded

EmreX_Coded wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:59 am
ShrineFox wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:07 pm If I'm not mistaken, files in the mod.cpk are supposed to override all other CPKs including the language ones. The fact that it didn't work even with the language set to English makes me think there might be another problem.

I was just testing text mods because i'm completely new to Persona 5 Modding. BUT if the text is really a image than it makes sense. I used the Text Searcher. I''ll try modding a text from a text box and see if it works.
I'll post a reply to update you if it works or not^^
OMG IT WORKED! :D
Thank you soooo much :D

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.