Problems with Mod Loading and Language Files

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
RubyX_Coded
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 6 posts

I have a problem where my Mod.cpk does not load, i checked if its not corrupted and if its in the right folder and if its the right eboot and everything.

My Mod is just a simple Test Mod where i changed the German String of "The story is a work of fiction" and changed it to a random sentence.

The Mod doesn't load and when i change my PS4 System Language to English this doesn't work either.

My guess is, that i need to specify the Mods Language or something like that, but idk why it doesn't work or what to do to fix it. Hope someone can help me, please

Tags:
Maegix
Has liked: 4 posts

could you send your mod.cpk so I could check it out?
might just be a wrong file name or something
Currently working on: Something useless.
Ikuzu
Been liked: 1 post

My guess is because you're modding the German version (dataR_G.CPK) of the game, mod.cpk doesn't apply to it. You modded an event file that's not in dataR.cpk where mod.cpk is looking.
RubyX_Coded

Here are the files i modded:
These are Flow Scripts/Message Scripts where i just change text.

Here is the mod.cpk:

I just used some files from the patch2R_G.cpk / dataR_G.cpk
RubyX_Coded

And its the right folder structure and correct filenames. i didn't even changed them.
Ikuzu

Try changing 'data' to 'ps4R' in your mod folder. Because both data and ps4R have a 'field' folder in them.

I might be wrong, but I think mod.cpk only checks for files in the base directories (dataR.cpk, ps4R.cpk, etc.). Not the language or patch directories (patch2R_G.cpk, dataR_G.cpk). You might have the file names a structure right but mod.cpk isn't coded to replace files from those CPKs.
RubyX_Coded

What do you mean with "Change "data" to ps4R"? You mean rename the "Data" Folder to "ps4R" in ModCompendium?
RubyX_Coded

What do you mean with "Change "data" to ps4R"? You mean rename the "Data" Folder to "ps4R" in ModCompendium?
Ikuzu

Yeah, rename the 'data' folder in your Mod Compendium > Mods > Test Mod GERMAN to ps4R. If that doesn't work then try renaming it to patch2R_G or dataR_G. If none of these things work then I don't know what else to suggest. It could be that patch2R_G.cpk / dataR_G.cpk overrides whatever changes mod.cpk applies by loading on top of it.
RubyX_Coded

Ikuzu wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:21 pm Yeah, rename the 'data' folder in your Mod Compendium > Mods > Test Mod GERMAN to ps4R. If that doesn't work then try renaming it to patch2R_G or dataR_G. If none of these things work then I don't know what else to suggest. It could be that patch2R_G.cpk / dataR_G.cpk overrides whatever changes mod.cpk applies by loading on top of it.
Already tried that, ModCompendium then says "Data Directory not found"
Should i try to extract the "patch2R_G.cpk" replace every file with my modded files and then load the modded Patch.cpk?

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.