Manually Patching PS4 P5R file

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
arepatina2_

So ive been following the guide on how to manually patch your update pkg, and i havent had any problems until the part where i needed to use windows command again, and supply the path to Python 3. The command itself works, but will only show "Unsupported game/game version".

Note: I dumped my own game into a fpkg so i didn't install it from the internet.
The game version is v1.00, and has the correct CUSA17416 number.
Its also un-fakesigned, assuming that happens when i did the first command with Python 2.7

Unless I dumped the game incorrectly, I genuinely have no clue what happened ;/

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Whoops, chances are I forgot to mention this, but the patches only support version 1.02 of P5R. That eboot would be in the CUSA17416_patch folder when dumped if it's installed, but if you don't have it you can grab it from here. You don't have to unfakesign it since it was dumped from a legit update, that process applies more to the v1.0 eboots acquired from an FPKG (i.e. the Dancing games).

Thanks for helping point out this omission and sorry for the confusion, I should really add that to the guide for clarity.

EDIT: Updated the guide!

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.