Followed the P5R modding guide and this happened.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Ikuzu
Has liked: 4 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I got everything to work on 9.00 but the game was updated to v1.01, not 1.02 as the guide says it should. The main problem with that is if I launch the game while the PS4 is connected to the internet it always downloads the official 1.02 update. My other issue is with Mod Menu, the descriptions are off for everything in it by one row.

Tags:
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Since the EBOOT.BIN and the CPKs are from 1.02 it technically is fully updated even though it only says 1.01. I should really change that though for clarity. I think all we have to do is edit the version number in the .gp4 file before generating the PKG. Hopefully that will stop it from downloading updates too

Last time I worked on the mod menu we only had access to 1.0, so I guess I need to update it with the 1.02 files. I’ll try to fix that soon, thanks for the heads up that it’s happening
ARandomGuy231
Been liked: 6 posts

The updates won't install anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. However if it annoys you then you can block PSN by setting custom DNS in the settings:
Primary: 192.241.221.79
Secondary: 165.227.83.145

If you don't know how to do this you can follow this part of a tutorial by Modded Warfare:
Ikuzu
Been liked: 1 post

ARandomGuy231 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:25 am The updates won't install anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. However if it annoys you then you can block PSN by setting custom DNS in the settings:
Primary: 192.241.221.79
Secondary: 165.227.83.145
The update will stop you from launching the game because it'll keep trying to install itself and giving an error until you delete it and the process repeats. Thanks for the DNS tip though, that worked. The only thing I've seen about blocking PSN and/or updates are router settings. Which would be shooting yourself in the foot if you have other non-jailbroken consoles on the network.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.