Wrong voiceovers in edited events

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Iredc
Been liked: 6 posts

I'm having problems with this P3P mod I uploaded here: https://gamebanana.com/mods/308986
It adds events from the FemMC route to the maleMC route, but the new events still have the original male-version filename (that is, e560_001 instead of e560_301, for example).
The issue is that voiceovers are wrong for those events. Instead of playing the correct audio, the voiceovers are those from whatever event played before the rank-up scene. The same thing happened to me with Persona 4 Golden: if I changed the filename of an event, voiceovers and music got messed up. That's why I'm asking this question for both games.

Does anyone know how these games link events with bgm and voiceovers? I need to understand better how it works in order to fix this bug (or at least know if it's fixable at all). Even if it's not for P3P or P4 Golden, it may help, because the process may be similar for all Persona games. Any hint would be appreciated, since I don't know much about sound modding.

Thanks.

Tags:
HxCannon
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

If I remember correctly, all the audio files are located in umd1.cpk, and since the changes you are doing are entirely in the umd0.cpk, the game probably is playing the same audio files from the original game, and that means that they might be independent from the scene that is playing in that particular moment, probably you need to do something similar to what you did with the EVENT files, just switch them... But then again, I don't know how the audio files work specifically, that is just what I think it's happening.
Iredc
Been liked: 6 posts

I found the audio and figured out that their filenames corresponded to those of events. They have the same filename system as P4 Golden. Unfortunately, even after changing their names, and building the umd1.cpk, the game refuses to play the audio. The audio is in .afs format, but there might be some index somewhere that tells the game which filenames are valid and which aren't. The problem is, I think, that I'm actually adding new files to the .cpk (for example, a new audio for rank 10 of Moon arcana) that weren't there originally for Makoto.
This could be solved for P4 Golden, because along with each .xwb archive containing the audio, there's a .xsb file that lists the tracks, so you can add new tracks without replacing anything if you rebuild both .xsb and .xwb with XACT3
HxCannon
Has liked: 3 posts
Been liked: 1 post

Yes, I think in P3P you can add new paths to existing files, but not adding actual new files, you would have to take an existing file, replace the audio itself within that file, and change it's ID (that is my ignorant way to say "make the game load something else than the original thing it supposed to load") to load it successfully.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.