Unable to access global square menu in Persona 5 Royal

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
iuntther
Been liked: 1 post

I went through the guide here: https://shrinefox.com/guides/2020/09/30 ... al-on-ps4/

Going with Option 2, I generated the eboot.bin from https://shrinefox.com/UpdateCreator, replaced it in the Mod Compendium 1.6.1 Dependencies\GenGp4\GAMEID-patch directory and built a pkg with only the Royal Mod Menu selected.

After installing the pkg and starting up the game, I noticed that the title screen skip was working off the bat. But after loading my save and pressing square, I did not see the global square menu.

Since I went with Option 2, I thought maybe I could generate a mod.cpk and drop it in via FTP and the problem would be fixed. Unfortunately I got some really weird behavior after putting in the mod.cpk file. I started up the game and I got a bunch of DLC popup messages like as if it was the first time I was playing the game, then after clearing away the popups I was in this 'null' room where I could walk around. I was able to press square and access the global square menu this time in this room, but I couldn't even get to the title menu to load my save.

Removing the mod.cpk reverted that behavior and I was able to get to the title screen and load my save but with no global square menu.

Anyone know what I did wrong?
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Apologies if the page could have been more clear. It sounds like you did everything right though!

I think all that happened is the "Title Screen Skip" mod got enabled somehow. It's included with the Mod Compendium as a sample mod, so building a mod.cpk again with that disabled/removed should fix the weird title screen behavior.

We usually use it to test stuff in-game faster, but I don't think it's possible to start a new game with that mod enabled. You'd only be able to save/load from the System section of the pause menu.
iuntther
Been liked: 1 post

Thanks a lot! Disabling the "Title Screen Skip" mod helped fix the behavior. Everything appears to be working great now.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.