HostFS Modding SMT Nocturne

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
Lumacy Cube

Similarly to the Persona 3 FES modding scene that's starting to get popular recently, I was wondering if there are resources to be able to Replace music, Models, or even the 2D Hud elements for Nocturne. If I had to guess, I'd think it would be similar to the persona 3/4 resources we have now. But, it may be as equal of a possibility that it uses a different file structure that would be a waste of time trying to figure out.

I have minimal knowledge about modding persona 3FES, (I know how to add Music into the game,) but I wanted to learn how to mod better, so I decided to try and see if I was able to apply my knowledge to Nocturne since it had only 1 mod and 1 translation, but it seems a little different,,,

I don't know if its possible to make a High Quality Music mod like the one being made for HD or the one that's already out for P3FES because I couldn't find the ADX format that p3fes uses anywhere in Nocturne's disc.

I think that nocturne on ps2 will never get a modding scene because of the HD port, but I think it would be really cool to be able to mod it in a similar fashion to P3FES, maybe even taking advantage of Aemulus in the future.

So, I guess what Im really asking is if it's possible to mod PS2 Nocturne in a similar fashion to P3FES, or will we have to stick with HD in order to have a modding scene?
Tupelov
Has liked: 2 posts
Been liked: 3 posts

Yeah there's hostfs modding for PS2 nocturne. For textures its the same as p3 and there's a model converter created by TGE. As for music modding, the game uses ADB and SMG files. I managed to get in higher quality music but only after 3 days of trying to figure out the file format. We don't really have the knowledge to make it easily accessible.
I reccomend you join the SMT modding discord as there you'd be able to get better help. https://discord.gg/7SwMRDg88P
Lumacy Cube

Im so excited to see that there's a modding community around these games! Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the discord.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.