Need help with transferring P5Scramble saves to different PC hard drives.

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
docky
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 1 post

So recently I had a new hard drive implemented into my PC because I believed my old one was slowly deteriorating, and after installing the drive I was then unable to login to the user on my old drive (its a long story). I am still able to access all of the files on this old drive through the new one via dualbooting so I don't really mind, but for some reason when I export my P5S save from the old drive the game won't read it properly. My saves aren't synced so my best effort is to export saves from directory to directory, but my save won't load and I am really stumped as to why.

Here is the directory where I am exporting my saves from:
My old drive (where I played through most of the game up to jail 6):

User > AppData > Roaming > SEGA > Steam > P5S > 768058158

I have tried copying the 768058158 folder itself into the same directory on my new hard drive and it didn't detect there was a save at all.
When creating a fresh save ingame on my new drive it instead produced a folder called 26494210. On my second attempt of restoring the save I instead copied the contents of 768058158 (inputmap.dat , SAVEDATA.BIN) into the 26494210 folder and instead came up with an error that the game can't load the save.

I have a slight feeling that the save might have been corrupted somehow when trying to fix files on my old drive, but so far everything looks perfectly normal on the drive so I'm not sure why the save would be corrupted specifically.
Maybe I just have no idea where the saves for P5S are actually saved, but any help would be appreciated. Again I am unable to login to my user on my old drive for whatever reason, so I can no longer test to see if my save is actually corrupted from where it was created.

If anyone would like to take a look at my 768058158 save file, you can access it here along with the game's config file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

I'm glad you asked here, I should have a solution! See if this SAVEDATA.BIN works:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xxu9fl ... sp=sharing

I decrypted it using your old Steam ID (the name of the folder) and re-encrypted it using your new one via this tool. Very helpful that you mentioned the folder names
docky
Has liked: 5 posts
Been liked: 1 post

I managed to load in using your file! Thank you so much for your help!
ShrineFox
Site Admin
Has liked: 277 posts
Been liked: 115 posts

Awesome, so glad it worked! Anytime haha

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.