[P4D] Help Exporting FBX Models from 3ds Max

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
AnAbsoluteMadman

I'm trying to export P4D models in fbx format from 3ds max.

So to start, I followed this guide: https://shrinefox.com/guides/2019/12/31 ... in-3dsmax/

I pulled the GMDs, GAPs and GFSs from the data.cpk of P4D and i used the latest maxscript provided to import the models into 3ds max (2021). I followed the guide provided here on the website which demonstrated importing the models and getting the animations to work. However, i'm not quite sure how to export it. When I export it out as an FBX and then reimport it, the hierarchy is wildly different from when I first imported the GMD. The shaders are all black and the wireframe is totally white. I'm not even sure if some of the bones are in the right places.

It gives me this error when I import it "Warning: Skin Modifiers Import (0)" "The Initial position (or Initial Pose) of the skinned objects is missing. The plug-in will create a pose automatically but running the 'Assume Skin Pose' command may create unexpected results."

My question is are there specific configurations that I'm supposed to use when exporting the model or do I need to use a different file format? Also, am I using the right version of 3ds max for importing GMDs and such?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.